Chapter 3

I pulled my chair away from him so did he.

"Now everyone is settled. I may continue to explain the project." The teacher started.

"As you know, every year there are two different projects for the two semesters. One of them starts next week. You all will be given these sheets." She pulled up a bunch of papers.

"These have all the things you need to know and your partner is anyways the person next to you." She announced.

We both look at each other. I so badly wanted to avoid him for any more bullying incidents but things just end up near him. I turned back to the teacher.

"I will pass these sheets to you and by the next week, you will get the things required. For now, you need to know only that much. Read the sheet carefully children. If you have doubts, meet you in next lectures." She exited the class.

The sheets were passed behind and a chaos broke in the class. I just sat down and read the paper. I wasn't excited about the project anyways. But the only line that got my attention was this.

-Term project is nothing but just like an exam. You will be given a pet to take care off. You have to write a report every week about its changes or things you notice. The pet will be given to you for 2 months. Any harm to them will get you 0 out of 30. These marks will be added to you graduation report as extra.-

The rest was other details about the projects. The bell rang shortly. Emma has left early once again. Her mom is sick and she can't handle it alone so Emma went back home. The project is honest something new. I never really had such projects in my before schools. Just when I closed the locker, my bag was snatched away.

"What the he... Oh Mia" I so badly wanted to ignore her but her two minions were in the way.

"Good morning bitch." She chirped at me with her sweet fake voice.

"Hello slut." I replies to her.

"You still have the attitude huh?" She crossed her hands over her chest.

"Just like how you show your tiny tits to every boy." I made a comeback.

She narrowed her eyes at my words. Some students passing by 'woo'ed at us. Before I could look back at her, her hand attacked my cheek. The pain started to sting. I can't be the only one hitting right?

"We all know you just want attention from Ryan! Only want to get laid by him!" She whined like a 5 year old.

"If you are so horny for his dick, go have it" My blood started boiling.

Mia pulled up her fist to punch me but I am faster than her. I immediately moved out of her way, letting her fist meet the locker behind me. Her yelps and and laughs around mixed together with each other. She attacked me once again but this time, I grabbed her hair and pushed her against the lockers.

One of her girls came forward but she knew what would happen seeing Mia. I was too busy watching her out that missed out the other one. I was held back by my hair too but I know every move like I taught it myself. I grabbed her hand and flipped her over. I rubbed the patch of hair she grabbed.

"She is amazing fighter man." I turned back to the familiar voice.

It is the bad boy trio. Ryan's hand rested on Alex's shoulder while he seemed amused for the first time. My eyes were busy at him. His eyes were staring at my hair and my eyes. His posture was pretty dominating to my heart. I just tried to ignore him and picked my bag. Just 2 more lectures and I am free to walk out.

But I guess that is a wrong thought for me. A guy entered the class with an announcement.

"Miss Luna Watson?" He called my name out.

Everyone in the class was busy in their packing but some glanced at me. His grey hoodie with 'Champion' written in bold and track pant was suiting his body type really well.

"That's me." I replied.

"You need to visit the principal's office." He passed the message and left.

Honestly, I can guess why I am called to the office. But shouldn't she knows I am not the only one who will be punished. Nevertheless, I knocked on the door and openes it. I saw Mia and the two girls sitting on the chairs.

"Good afternoon Ma'am." I greeted the principal.

"Miss. Watson, you already caused a trouble in the first month itself?" She raised her eyebrows

"Mia complained that you abused her and her friends before lunch break. Is it true?" I just nodded to her words.

"And why is that, may I know the reason?" She rested her hands on the table.

"Ma'am, as you might know that we have term projects assigned." She nodded in agreement.

"I am paired with Ryan Gold, who I suppose Mia slept with and thinks he belongs to her. She is the one who came after me thrice. This is the first time I defended myself and she is making an issue of it." I explained to her.

"I might be wrong in this but I don't think you should be receiving any punishment." My head raised to her.

"Excuse me?" Mia uttered.

"Your honesty can be trusted and as far as I know, Ryan isn't a very good guy. I am anyways fed up of her. Every week she comes up with a complaint or she is at fault." The principal raised her voice at her.

"Ma'am what are you saying?" Mia couldn't process.

"I am warning you Mia. One more complain and you are out of this school. Mind my words!" The principal slammed her hand on the desk, "Now get out!"

I bit my lips to stop it from smiling. I looked at the color drain from their face. She got up and stared at me. I bowed a little to her in appreciation. They walked out of the cabin. I smiled at the principal and was about to leave as well.

"Luna, a warning for you too. Ryan is a dangerous guy himself. Except for this project, don't ever hey involved with him. He is not a safe person to be around." She warned me with a strict voice.

"I will keep that in mind. Have a good day." I nodded and closed the door.

I couldn't help but question myself, which one of them is speaking the truth. I have been with Ryan and his friends for the last week and more but I couldn't notice anything serious except the fact that he is a fuck boy. But whatever the truth, I will not let the past happen again. I headed towards the exit and walked towards my past, towards my home.

___________________________________________

There is of course a past for every character. We just need to read deep into the book.