Chapter Twenty-Eight - Girl That You Love

I'm feeling good, so here's a birthday update! I'm really excited to be going to the Rangers vs. Jets game tonight! Go Jets Go!

---

Why in the world would Gabe love a girl like me?

A question that baffled me to this day.

I thought about what Matt had told me... Months after he had said it.

It was already the beginning of December, and not a day went by that I didn't ponder what Matt had told me months earlier.

But, if he really did love me, why wouldn't he just tell me? From what I could tell, he was doing nothing but avoiding me. Everytime I'd attend a home game, Gabe would deliberately ignore Katy and I. While Matt would wave and smile, Gabe would virtually ignore our exsistance. And by now, Matt had apologized to Katy and they returned to their normal life shortly after the talk I had with him. They even had their wedding day almost planned out completely. Everything was ready. Katy had taken myself and a few of her other friends to pick out a dress a in November, while herself and Matt had taken the rest of the planning upon themselves.

It was sure to be beautiful.

Katy had chose me to be her maid of honour, while Matt chose Gabe to be his best man.

It was all planned out to a T.

"What do you think about these bridesmaids dresses?" Katy asked, turning her laptop to show me an image of a strapless, dark blue dress. It was fitted, and appeared to drape down to the knees.

"I like it," I shrugged, "But it's up to you."

She nodded, bitting the inside of her cheek, debating whether or not those were the ones. Instead, she simply closed her laptop and let out a loud sigh.

"What's wrong?" I asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. She turned and looked towards me, removing her head from her hands.

"I've had something on my chest for the past few days, and I really need to tell someone," she explained in one breath, her voice breaking in the process.

"And what's that?" I asked cautiously.

She bit at her lip before replying, wiping away a tear that managed to escape her left eye.

"I took a pregnancy test three days ago," she started, "And I went to the doctor's today... It turns out I'm pregnant."

"This is great, Katy!" I cried, standing up and holding my arms in the air, "This is great... Why are you crying?"

"We're not even married, Reagan," she frowned, her voice breaking once again, "Plus, we're so young... I didn't want a child yet."

"It's fate, Katy," I smiled.

Even though I wasn't much of a believer in fate myself, I knew this was fate. It was meant to happen, and it did.

There's a reason behind everything...

"You and Matt were meant to be."

"I guess," she replied, "But with his hockey career, and with our wedding coming up. I just don't think we're ready."

"You guys will be great parents," I insisted, pulling her into a tight hug. "You guys will be great parents. I promise."

It took her a while to finally let it sink in and except it, but as we talked, I could tell she became more comfortable with the situation.

"Matt's going to be so excited," I singsonged, lightly poking her chest playfully.

"Yeah," she whispered, "I just have to figure out how to tell him."