Chapter 10

"Oh my. It's a tall building isn't it." Yua said looking up with a smile.

Zeno held her hand and stood close. He kept staring at the many people that walked past them.

The two went inside to the front desk.

"Excuse me, is this where I sign up?"

The woman smiled, her chirpy voice caught both of them off guard.

"Yes ma'am." She pulled out some papers "please sign here and here."

As Yua signed the papers being given to her, Zeno watched a chocolate candy rapper be thrown to the ground by some kid. He went over to pick it up.

"Hey. Throw this away properly." He said to the boy.

The kid with white hair turned around and looked at Zeno with a blank expression as he continued to munch on his chocolate.

Zeno sucked his teeth and walked closer to the boy. "Didn't your parents teach you proper Etiquette? Are you even understanding what I'm saying?"

The boy continued to stare at Zeno. "How old are you?"

Zeno adjusted his glasses and began rambling to himself before answering the question. "Five..."

The boy looked around then leaned into Zeno's ear "wanna be friends?"

~~

Yua finished signing the large stacks of papers and let out a sigh. She looked to her side to see that Zeno wasn't near her anymore. Her breathing quickened. She looked around in the crowd searching for her son. *where is he? Where did he go? Did he get taken?*

After that night it seemed like she unlocked a new emotion, panic. She continued walking through the crowd asking people if they've seen her son.

"I saw him go that way." A man pointed at one of the stores.

Yua quickly walked into the gift shop. She finally found him next to a boy looking at a pair of skates.

Yua hurriedly walked to Zeno. "Zeno de Silva Lucilfer." Yua whisper shouted

Zeno felt chills run down his back. If she was willing to say his full name at a place like this, he surely is in trouble. He slowly turned around to see his mother with her arms crossed and her foot tapping.

"Who's this?" Zeno's new friend asked while eating more candy.

"T-this is my mom. Ma, this is Killua." Zeno stuttered "I- well... you see Ma I saw him littering and-"

Yua let out a sigh of relief. She knelt down in front of the two boys "looks like lady fate is on your side. You're Silva's son correct?"

Killua stopped eating and looked up at Yua "how do you know my dad?"

"He's a friend from way back." She said with a smile.

Killua seemed skeptical but if she knew his father then she must have high status. He turned around and looked at the skateboard

Yua hugged her child "please... at least let me know where you are going beforehand. I can't lose you again."

Zeno heard her voice crack a bit. He hugged her back just as tightly. "Yes ma'am. I'm sorry." 

_______

1 year later

Zeno: age 6

Killua: age 7

"Ha! Alright." Killua raised his fist in the air

"No fair. You totally cheated" Zeno said putting the controller down