Chap 1

*The car was scurrying on AH 47. Sim (Simran) has no chills. She needs to reach Gokarna before 10pm. She can't be late to the New year party, AGAIN! Last year she reached at 12.45am and missed all the fun. It can't happen again, she can't miss it this year. Time is already 8 and she is still in the outskirts of Murdeshwar. Gokarna is a good hour away from Murdeshwar, but she had planned to meet someone before reaching the party. She wanted some extra stash of money which needs to be collected from him. She can't reach the party on time if she meets him. She kept on thinking and racing the wheels and finally reached Murdeshwar temple*

*8.10*

*It took her another 10 minutes to find he is in the queue, waiting for his turn to offer the prayers to Lord Shiva. She wondered why is he in temple at this time. Is he asking the permission of the God for Partying? she wondered. She is captivated at the thought of how a person can be spiritual and party animal at the same time*

*She looked at the overflowing crowd, patiently waiting for their turn to pray, and the deity which is visible to her from half a kilometer away. She is bewildered about what made them wait in the queue, when they can enjoy the view from the beach, that too on a party night! She ruminated on her spirituality on the waiting time. Ha, Gods! She had given up on them a long time back. Neither the concept nor the deities made any sense to her. She was never a believer of God since childhood. With the happenings of her life, she was totally far-flung. The deity and its majesty did nothing devotional to her. Infact she is scared about large statues and sculptures. It has become a phobia of the past, which she struggled hard to overcome. She waited 5 more minutes before calling him again*

'Innum evlo neram', she said in Kannada. 'Oru 10 mins thaan', he replied slowly as if the entire world is waiting for his speech.

'Ingaye 9 aidum pola.. I need to go to Gokarna Mann. Another hour. Hurry up'

'Yes babe, vanten. I am near.. just 5 mins please'

'Late panitu, baby aam ma****', she murmured to herself. She is so accustomed to using swear words casually. The place she was bought up, and her friends, were the reason. She is thankful about him being a kannadiga and not understanding Tamil.

'10 mins la varlana, I am leaving. Party mudinchu pathukalam', she spoke again after an unexpected silence from his side.

'Wait.. vantharen', again a meek reply.

'8.45 and you need to be here'

'Sureee. Ippo phone ah vei. Bye', he was pouring all the love. She disconnected without a bye. 'Uyira eduthutu bye vera', this was in Tamil.

*The only place where she uses Tamil these days is in her mind and she is low-key happy about it. Tamil has only given her bad memories. Also she got the change she wanted in Karnataka and she is happy about using their language for regular conversations*

With so many thoughts running in her mind, she appeared calm on the outside and waited for him to reach.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a KM story. That's all I can say now. Pls wait till the story unfolds. Happy reading😀