May 1st - Rain

Welcome to Marichat May 2021, y'all! (I was so fricking excited I was literally screaming all morning- ANYWAYS)

Starting off with ladynoir patrol fluff, but bear with me! The marichat will come, I promise 😌

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey, Chat?" Ladybug asked quietly.

"Yes, m'lady?"

"I'm so sorry, but I won't be able to make patrol tonight. Are you okay being on your own? Just for the night, I promise to make it tomorrow!"

Chat smiled kindly at his partner, at her considerateness. "Of course, bugaboo, don't worry about a thing! Paris will be safe in my paws- er, hands!"

Ladybug giggled at his pun correction. Lately, he's noticed she's not as uptight over his joking or flirting—sometimes she even returns them.

"Thanks, kitty, I knew I could rely on you!" She wrapped her arms around his torso gently, smiling against his shoulder.

"No problem, m'lady," Chat replied, returning the side hug and squeezing her right shoulder lightly.

The two stayed like that for a few moments before she pulled away and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well, I should probably get going, are you sure you're okay with this?"

"Bugaboo, don't worry about me. I promise everything will be okay tonight."

Despite how worried she was, she grinned at him, noticing his features glowing in the evening sun.

"Thank you again. Bug out! See you tomorrow, chaton!"

He waved at her as she swung off, unbeknownst to him to become Marinette. She landed inside her bedroom, calling out her detransformation phrase.

"Spots off."

Tikki then appeared in front of her, smiling brightly. "Here you go, Tikki," Marinette said as she handed her kwami a macaron.

"Thank you, Marinette!" Tikki replied with her mouth full. Marinette giggled and sat down at her desk, continuing her latest design.

"How's the dress coming along?" her kwami asked curiously.

"Going pretty well, I'd say! I think I'm ready to start sewing today! I just need to pick up a few more rolls of fabric from the store and I'll be good," Marinette replied.

"Wait, what time is it?" She checked her phone, and it displayed 17:34. "Shoot, the fabric store closes soon! Let's go, Tikki!"

The kwami flew inside Marinette's purse as she raced downstairs to the bakery where her parents were.

"Mama, Papa, can I please, very quickly run to the fabric store? It'll be just a few minutes, 15 at most!"

Sabine smiled at her daughter, glancing at Tom, who nodded softly. "Of course, dear. And it's supposed to rain soon, take an umbrella!"

"Ah, right!" Marinette raced back to her room and quickly grabbed the umbrella Adrien gave to her what felt like years ago. "Thank you! I love you both so much! Be home soon!"

Tom noticed his wife's worried expression and started to reassure her. "Don't worry, honey, she should be back in time."

"I hope so." Their conversation was interrupted by a customer. "Oh, welcome! What would you like this evening?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A few feet of silk, some more feet of chiffon..." Marinette let her fabric knowledge take over as she drifted away into the atmosphere of the store. "There we go!" She gathered everything clumsily, but successfully made her way over to the checkout without tripping.