Chapter 2: Dream.

Izuku awoke to the scent of caramel and the feeling of warmth around him. He smiled and nuzzled his face deeper into what he could only assume was the crook of a neck. The other body shifted slightly and Izuku furrowed his brows lightly in protest but smiled brightly when he felt soft lips peppering his face in kisses. A kiss on his forehead, a kiss on his nose, on his cheek, on his neck, his shoulder, beside his mouth, and finally a light brush on his lips. Nothing too harsh, nor too soft. Sensual, caring, and loving, as delicate as his lips. Katsuki was never rough with him, too scared to destroy what they had spent so many years building and rebuilding. "Morning, Zuku." Another kiss. Another soft smile under closed eyes. "You'll always be my shitty Deku." Izuku chuckled at the phrase. "You'll always be mine" was their way of saying "I love you," an indirect promise to never leave each other, to never break apart again. "Shitty Deku" had lost its negative meaning long ago, now it was a mere pet name, but something about it seemed melancholic now. He slowly opened an eye to look at his boyfriend curiously. But he was only united with an all too familiar scene. Izuku was on a rooftop watching Katsuki cautiously, fists closed and leaned forward, ready to intervene. Katsuki was facing off a villain, one who had an aerial quirk, hence their battle arena on the roof of a concrete-covered building. Katsuki looked miraculous, his golden hair reflecting in the slowly setting sun, that wicked grin on his face when he knew he had found a good battle. He leaped in the air, palm stretched wide, glowing with a growing explosion, ready to deal the final blow. But the villain smirked and outstretched hand, sending a rush of air shooting forward, right into the pro hero Dynamight. It was a rookie mistake really, slightly underestimating the power of a villain's quirk, not quite analyzing it correctly. That was Izuku's fault. But was even more so was when Izuku froze. He watched as Katsuki flailed helplessly through the air and over the building's edge, gravity taking control of his fragile body. The shock of the attack left his quirk useless and he knew he had screwed up when he turned to face Izuku, his life flashing before his eyes. Izuku stood, stiff as a board, and watched his partner plummet to the ground. He went to yell out his name but only a harsh croak resounded. He struggled to regain control of his own limbs, and he flailed desperately as he shot himself forward to the edge, almost sending himself over and extended his right arm to shoot out a tendril of Black Whip. But it was too late. Katsuki lied there in a crumpled heap, crimson eyes staring ahead at nothing. His limbs were twisted in morbid directions, and blood circled his frame. The setting sun sent gold lines through the crimson puddles, making Katsuki look like he was lying in a painting rather than his own death. Even in death, he managed to look beautiful, though morbidly so. The black tendril wrapped around Katsuki's limp wrist in an ill attempt to save the man. Izuku would do anything for that man, except save him apparently. Why? Izuku stretched his left arm to shoot out another tendril, and as gently as he could, pulled Katsuki up to meet him. He let the body of his lover crash against him, sending them both collapsing onto the ground. Izuku almost jumped out of his skin when a pained whine resounded from Katsuki's throat, his empty irises shaking ever so slightly until they moved to look at Izuku. Izuku moved his hand to gently cradle his partner's head as he struggled to breathe. "Always be," he said with little more than a whisper, and paused as he struggled to catch his breath properly, "my," wheeze "shitty Deku," gasp, "need to let go," wheeze, "you need-." Katsuki's body fell entirely limp. Izuku could feel the life leak from the man's body below him. "K-Kacchan." He gazed expectantly at the body in his arms. "Kacchan. Wake up. Now." His tone grew more assertive. "Please Kacchan. This isn't funny. Open your eyes, Kac-." A sob erupted from the pits of his stomach and rattled his brain.