In The Eye Of The Beholder

Song for this chapter: Merry-Go-Round - Joe Hisaishi (yes, Howl's Moving Castle )

A/N: totally spaced and meant to post this last chap, but here's Violet's outift y'all. I didn't give her a dress or anything too formal for a reason you'll find out soon....

 I didn't give her a dress or anything too formal for a reason you'll find out soon

Violet POV:

The party had already been in full effect when Dabi and I ascended the gilded stairs, arm and arm.

It was incredibly crowded-which was good for what we had planned tonight. The more people scattered around the giant area, the less likely I'll be noticed missing when the time comes.

Everyone was dressed incredibly nice, with waiters expertly weaving in and out of crowds holding food and drink trays, and a nice orchestra of light classical music playing in the corner.

As expected of what I've seen of Midas' taste so far, the entire scene was pretty extravagant.

But, 'extravagant' doesn't always mean 'impressive' in the eyes of a certain someone.

"Bunch of pricks, huh?" Dabi commented to me at a loud, comfortable volume, making the nicely dressed couple chatting atop the stairs glare at us.

I gave a nervous laugh and wave of apology to the pair as Dabi and I continued descending the endless staircase. Though, I couldn't say I felt all that bad. Anyone who's here is either a Midas recruit, or looking to be.

"I mean, seriously. What if I just want a fucking beer?" The cranky stitched man followed up, gesturing to everyone's matching gold champagne glasses that seemed to multiply with every look.

"Well, then I'd say you can have champagne or candied whale semen. Which would you rather have?" I asked teasingly, causing Dabi to scrunch up his studded nose in disgust as we walked.

"Shit. I'd rather have your cooking." He murmured lightly, causing me to roll my eyes in amusement and lightly nudge his shoulder with my own.

"My cooking could be amazing for all you know." I defended, studying Dabi's side profile with an internal drool.

Sure, his face is burned, but for some reason, he still looks pretty clean cut tonight. The countless piercings in his face and nose are gleaming brightly against the lights of the place, and his hair looks clean and even a bit windswept, in a way that makes me wanna run my hands through it-

"I'll bet all my hoodrat shit that your cooking is awful." Dabi commented casually, causing me to giggle as I warmed into his side closer.

"You know, I don't even know how to take that. But, let's just leave it at screw you." I smirked, causing my date for the night to look at me with raised brows of challenge.

"Oh? What happened to the swearing? Did you wear yourself out from it this morning?" He asked condescendingly, allowing me to grip his arm more securely when a slippery curved stair was coming our way.