Prologue

She had to take a shallow breath in even if the feeling of the cold air entering her lungs made her cough in pain. She needed to catch her breath but the sudden shock wouldn't stop.

She didn't understand. No, she didn't know.

Looking around the snowy forest, she had no clue where she was or even why she was there. The harder she fought to think of a reason, the more her head throbbed in pain. She couldn't remember past the moment when she fell, hit a few tree branches, and landed on the snowy ground.

What did she fall from and why? Why.

Why?

She held onto her left arm and propped herself into a sitting position, kneeling on her right knee, she began to leave herself up until she put weight on her left leg but immediately welled in pain. She collapsed face-first in the snow, she could feel her nose letting out the warm liquid. Biting hard on her lower lip, she rolled over onto her side exhaling again.

If she had ever felt like dying before, today took the cake. She was freezing, it was probably because all she was wearing was nothing but a tank top and shorts. She was in the snow. Fucking snow...

Who was she? What was her name? She couldn't remember what her life was about or how old she was. Though, it didn't matter anymore because, at any moment, she knew she was going to die out here.

Accepting her fate because there wasn't much she could do. She was in the middle of a forest, she didn't even have enough energy to speak. If she did, there was the smallest chance anyone would be out here.

She began to doze off into the pitch-black void surrounding her. She wondered again if she lived a good life.

Maybe not.

Little did she know, some footsteps could be heard only a few feet away.