Chapter 119: Cave

Y/N's POV

We all walked in the cave. Walkers were trying to get in, but they were stuck. James looked at me and Clem.

James: When AJ killed her... The look in his eyes.....

Me and Clem stayed silent.

Timeskip

We found three pathways. James puts his hand on my shoulder.

James: You brought this on yourself.

He then throws me to the ground.

James: But it's not too late.

He then grabs AJ's arm and starts dragging him. Clem tried to get him but he elbowed her. I ran to him and he kicked me in the stomach. Knocking me back to the ground.

Clementine: What happened to not harming anyone?!

James: It had limits, and you two found them.

AJ then bites his hand.

AJ: I'll kill you before I leave them!

AJ grabs a sharp rock and slices Jame's hand with it. James then looks at me and Clem and shows us his hand.

James: You caused this! You had him empty an entire clip into that woman's head!

AJ: It was only half.

James: Is this what you guys wanted?!

Y/N: Lilly was faking, she would've just stabbed you from behind.

Clementine: She deserved to die anyway!

James: Sure, but by his hand? In that way?! I've seen what happens if you leave rage like that unchecked!

AJ: I liked it.

We all looked at him in shock.

AJ: I liked killing her. It made me feel strong, powerful. I don't care if it was murder. It felt good.

Clementine: AJ... you talking like that... it scares me.

Y/N: Don't you ever say that again, and definitely don't think that again.

James: It doesn't matter! He already believes it!

Clementine: Stay out of this or I'll claw your fucking eyes out!

AJ: You guys aren't listening! Anyone that hurts us should be dead! I'm not gonna feel bad or sorry about it. Why are you guys so scared? You guys always told me to be like this! Be strong, be brave, if something wants to hurt us, shoot it in the head. Killing Lilly made us safe. And there is nothing wrong with liking that.

Y/N: Killing her made us safe, yes. But it's wrong to like or enjoy killing. Remember what I said to you on that watchtower? The day Lilly took everybody? Killing takes away part of your humane. You are proving my point with the way you are talking right now.

AJ stayed silent.

Clementine: Once again. Y/N is right, AJ.

AJ now looked guilty.

AJ: Maybe....I don't like it. I just hate her so much that....I don't know anymore. Let me help you guys. Trust me to tell which people are bad.

Me and Clem look at each other with a worried look, but then we nodded.

Clementine: Okay.

AJ: Really?

Clementine: You're growing up too fast, and that... scares us. But you've seen things and done things no one your age should do. You've earned our trust.

Y/N: But please, don't enjoy killing.

AJ: I won't, I promise. I just want to keep us all safe.

Y/N: We understand that.

Tenn: Hey, guys. I think I found the right way out.

Walkers were now coming in.

James: I'll keep them back.

Y/N: You sure?

James: Yeah, you guys just go.

We nod as we head out. James stays to fight the walkers.