Finale: The Day The Promise Was Broken.

Hello there! There is an important Author note at the end. Hope you read it.

Let's get into the story.
__________________________________________

Recap:

We made a promise together. But you broke it. I still remember that fateful day. The day when our promise was broken.

___________________________________________

_ Flashback _ _

I am quite busy today in the hospital. But I'm excited today as I get to see Itachi since he is coming from his three months long mission. I can't wait to see him.

I heard a knock and opened the door. I was faced with anxious looking nurse. I immediately knew that something urgently needed my attention.

I asked her in serious tone.

"What is it, Akiko?"

"There is an emergency, Haruno-san. Tsunide-sama asked me to fetch you."

I briskly followed her to operation theatre and asked her.

" What is the case?"

" There was an ambush on ANBU team when they were returning from infiltration mission. They were low on chakra. So, they were unable defend themselves against bandits."

My heart dropped. Itachi. He was supposed to come today. Stop! Nothing happens to him. I tried to subdue my rising panic. I am a medic. I should behave as such!

" What are stats?"

" Captain of the team is in worst condition. He bore deadly wounds across his a domen and heart. His teammates don't have any serious wounds. They are out of danger."

My heart skipped a beat. I shook it off and went to emergency operation theatre only for my world to collapse.

Itachi!!!

He was lying there battered with deep wounds across his stomach and a deadly gash dangerously close to his heart. He lost a lot of blood.

I immediately went into action and ordered everyone around me to take necessary action. While I took precise amount of chakra into my hands and I tried to heal the gash that looked life threatening.

I tried to close the gash. But due to excess blood loss and puncture in pulmonary artery. It became difficult for each passing second.When I nearly lost all my hope. He barely opened his eyes.

With renewed hope, I doubled my efforts to bring him back to life.

" Itachi, hang on. I'm going to save you. Don't leave me. Stay strong." I gently mumbled to him fiercely.

With much difficulty, he placed his hand on top of my healing hands and smiled a true smile. I looked at him as he weakly mumbled," I love you, Blossom."