A Date with Pepper

You had just arrived at your new flat in the city. It was a bit cramped but it was all you could afford on your tight budget. It was a Friday and you were expected back the following Monday. You weren't sure if two days was enough to recover from the stress of moving but you could give it a try. You decided against unpacking straight away. Now you were going to go out and make the most of your weekend. You thought about various options in your head and put on your green jacket.

By the time you had taken the elevator and reached the first floor you realised something. You remembered your friend telling you about a nice diner that wasn't too far from your flat, so you made your way there. The Dinner was simply called "City Dinner", not very creative but the food on the menu was pretty cheap. You pushed the door opened, your entrance announced to the staff and other patrons by the gentle ring of the bell. You stood at the waiting area, looking around at the generic, American style dinner. Nothing really stood out, until you saw her.

She was a waiter, wearing the standard, white and red uniform. Her hair was dyed a sandy blonde, done up into two pigtails and her skin was tanned. It was obvious that there was a giddy sort of energy to her. She almost skipped towards you before stopping and flashing you a joyous grin, revealing her shiny braces. From her ears hung two large, heart shaped earrings "Hello Shir, can I get you a sheat?" She had a noticeable lisp but that only made her more attractive somehow. You nodded silently, too mesmerized to speak. You looked down to see her name tag read "Pepper." In a red, impact font. Tho there was a little heart at the end that had been drawn in a pink, glittery pen.

The bubbly waitress snickered before gesturing to follow her. You were assigned to the table at the far end of the restaurant, next to the window. "OK! Sho jusht look at what you want and I'll be back in a few!" She gave you a little wave before walking off to serve another patron. You took a moment to compose yourself before skimming through the menu. Although you couldn't help but keep looking up at Pepper as she went around the other seats.

You managed to come up with something to order before she finally came back, braces glinting in the sunlight. "Ready to order?" She asked. You nodded and asked for chips and milkshake. "OK, coming right up handshome!" Pepper said with a flirty wink. Your heart skipped a beat at her compliment, you could feel your face becoming hot and... damn, did you always have this boner? You wanted so desperately to ask her out but didn't want to come off as too eager.

You took deep breaths and managed to calm down "Just ask her out." You told yourself. After about 10 minutes, Pepper returned with your food. "Here ya go! Can I get'cha anything else?" She asked. You stuttered for a second, your mind going blank before blurting out "Your number." For one, horrible moment you thought you had fucked up. This feeling was broken when Pepper threw her head back and laughed histerically. She snorted before pulling out a piece of paper with her number and handing it to you. "Sure, your cute. Meet me at the docksh, 7PM." She flashed you another toothy grin before going back to work.

Needless to say you were overjoyed to hear this and quickly wolfed down your food and ran out, leaving the money on the table. It took you about an hour or more to get back to your flat and begin preparing for the date. You showered, brushed your teeth and put on the best clothes you had, camo trousers with a navy blue shirt and the same green jacket you wore earlier. You had that heavy, nervous feeling in your chest as you walked out the door of your flat and made your way down to the docks.

The sky was a swirling cocktail of yellow, orange and pink when you arrived. You could see Pepper in the distance, arm resting casually on the wooden rail of the dock as she watched the sea. She was no longer in her uniform, instead wearing a hot pink dress that matched her earrings and clung to her hourglass figure. She also wore white thigh highs with pink shoes. Ounce she noticed you her light green eyes widened and she sprang up like cartoon character, waving her whole arm at you.