are you imposter..?

Day One

Sans usually was on the calmer side. Always the level-headed yet laid-back type of guy.

However, since he'd gotten to this spaceship, he'd felt a creeping anxiety. Like something- or someone- was lurking behind him at all times, slipping into the shadows.

He sighed, grabbing a yellow wire and matching it to it's other half, creating a small spark between the two chords. He was not used to moving around this much, and he couldn't use his teleportation. Otherwise, he'd look suspicious.

He bent down, taking a seat against the wall with a groan. "How's this dang suit so hot," he muttered. Then, a chuckle. "Probably 'cause I'm in it. Eyyy."

He heard a laugh close by, and whipped his head to the doorway where there stood a crewmate- at least he hoped he was a crewmate- clad in a dark green space suit.

Sans felt that creeping anxiety again, like claws on his backbone. If he had hair, it'd be standing up straight on his neck. If he had skin. Still, he gave the green crewmate a polite smile.

"So I see you're not quite enjoying the despairing atmosphere, either," says the tall green man. Sans could make out white hair poking into the sickly pale man's face, as well as eyes that held a similar fear.

"Eh, not my style. Wish I could take a nap instead."

The white-haired man chuckles, leaning down to take a seat on the floor next to Sans. "You said it. I wish we could find the imposter sooner, and raise everyone's hopes again. Although..."

Sans turned to him, and his eyebrow would be raised if he had one.

"Ah, never mind. I'm Nagito Komaeda, by the way," he held out a hand to Sans, who took his out of his pocket to give Nagito's a lazy shake.

"Sans. Sans the Skeleton."

Nagito gives a warm smile, but something about what Nagito was going to say nagged at the back of Sans's mind. He shook it off. He never liked to doubt people, even when given a good reason.

"What do you say we team up to take on the rest of the tasks?" Nagito asked.

Sans reluctantly nodded, his chill persona fully in effect.

He took Nagito's hand, and the taller man pulled him up off the floor.

Day 2

Nagito and Sans met again, this time in the cafeteria with the other crewmates. Of course, Nagito was the only one he recognized, so he stood beside him while the other crewmates conversed. After they were all set, having compiled a list of tasks in each of their brains, everyone scattered from the cafeteria except for Nagito and Sans.

The monocromatic rooms were starting to eat their way into Sans's mind, his comfort level dropping more and more by day. He really wanted to get out of here.

"So," Nagito's bright smile again. "Where is your first task?"

"Navigation. Yours?"

"Same as you! Could you lead the way? I get lost here easily..."

Sans nodded. He'd made a mental note of all the locations on the first day. If only he'd remembered them right...

He scratched his helmet, mistaking it for his head (skull), when they walked into storage instead. "Huh. Coulda sworn it was right there..."

"Ah! I think it's to the left. By... shields, right?" Nagito pointed to the arrow that led to shields, and Sans remembered. He nodded, admittedly a little embarrassed by the clog in his noodle.