𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

𝘈 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘙𝘶𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘐𝘯 𝘏𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘴 𝘖𝘧 𝘚𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

"I don't have to tell you anything," Dream said, for what felt like the thousandth time that day.

Tommy was asleep on the bed by the door, Karl sitting nearby reading over his memory books. All the wheels in his head were turning the correct way right then, he just liked to read over some of his adventures to other realms which he had been able to experience. Currently, he was reading over the time he had found himself attending a masquerade ball with some of his friends. Sam was having the least fun out of all of them. He had forced Tommy to get some sleep after a few hours of interrogating Dream, Sam could see it was wearing down the poor boy. Now, he was the one stuck interrogating Dream, and the man dressed in green was not giving up anything.

It was infuriating.

"Just tell us where the book is and before we get you out of Ranboo's head, we'll resurrect you. Your final death won't mean anything," Sam tried to bargain.

Dream scoffed. "Do you think I'm going to buy that bullshit? I made up that bullshit! It doesn't work on me," A wicked smile spread across Ranboo's face, and Sam had to use all of his willpower to not punch that smile off his face. The reminder that Ranboo was still in there, still partially in control of his body, was the only thing keeping Sam from hurting Dream.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance," Sam snapped, before turning away from the man. Dream laughed maniacally.

"You wouldn't," He said with confidence, "Because I'm the only one who can save the server. The Egg? The Vines? That was all me, baby. All me!"

Keeping his composure, Sam knew he had to keep a straight face. Any hint of emotion would betray him, and he needed that book. For Karl, for Ranboo, for the good of the server. He was going to get that book. Even if he had to lose himself in the process. "I'll make you a deal," Sam said, choosing his words carefully.

"Oh, this should be good," Dream said, snickering.

"You want to live, but you can do that in your own body, it's too dangerous. So, you created a spell which allowed you to continue to live inside another person's body".

"What are you getting at?" Dream asked suspiciously.

"I have no purpose anymore, my reason on this server was to keep you in prison, and I failed at that. Ranboo, though, Ranboo still has his whole life ahead of him. Tell me where the book is. And in return, you leave Ranboo be...and jump into my body". Sam breathed out, trying his hardest to keep his face expressionless. It pained him so much to say those words, but he had to protect Ranboo, and Tommy and Karl and everyone else on the server. He had a plan, all he needed was Dream to agree.

"You're going to give up your body, your mind, your life, to me? The man who ruined your life. You would give it all up just to protect one boy? Nah, something isn't making sense here". Dream was smart, Sam knew this. He hadn't exactly planned this part, but then again, he had really planned any of this.

"I need to protect Ranboo, and Tommy. You get out of his head and take my body, and then you leave this place. You don't come back. That's my offer". Sam kept his eyes locked on Ranboo's.

The smile returned to Ranboo's lips. "You've got yourself a deal," Dream said, "But, I get to keep the resurrection book. You use it to put me in your head, and then you keep it on your person until I take over. Oh, and you don't get to come out again. We aren't going to be like me and Ranboo here. Once this is one, AweSamDude will no longer exist. Got it?" Dream drove a hard bargain, but Sam knew something like this was going to happen.

Without a second thought, he said, "Deal". 

***

(700 words)