Chapter 5: Into the Abyss

Hi again! Look, I am sooo sorry that I haven't been editing recently. You see, it's spring break so I was on a vacation. It was awesome! So, sorry I couldn't edit for a while. But I am NOT sorry that this is gonna be one of the most important chapters in the book. (If you read the title of this chapter you'll know.) So let's get started! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Bye!

Lynx and the others had been flying for a while and Lynx could STILL not see the the big hole that represented the Abyss. Which was odd. Shouldn't they be seeing the hole by now? She never would be worrying about this on a normal daily basis, but she was certainly worrying about it NOW. She had a million questions (which was quite unusual for Lynx.) Such as .... Why couldn't she see the Abyss yet? Was that really, truly the Abyss? What was in the Abyss? How was Snowfall doing? Was she going the wrong way and/or doing the wrong thing? And so on! She was really getting worried now and Lynx had to stop and breath every minute that she couldn't see the Abyss. "Hey." Lynx jumped. She looked around, scared. But it was just Winter. Phewph. "Ooops. Sorry." Winter said kindly. "I didn't mean to scare you. But ... Are you sure ---"   "---We're going the right way?" Lynx finished his sentence for him. "Yeah. I am getting this creepy feeling, Winter. This shouldn't be happening. I mean the fact that we can't find the Abyss," she added quickly, for Winter had gave her a funny look. "Oh." He said. "I mean, obviously I have already figured that out! of course I have. Our real problem is the breath of evil." He shuddered. "Hey!" Lynx said. "Is that a pit? Could it be the Abyss?" Winter looked around, evidently startled. Then he looked down, and yelped. Lynx flew lower and saw a pit that was almost camouflaged to the musty ground. It was darker than dark so Lynx could barely see anything, but she thought she saw a FIRE. Maybe it's just a trick of the light, she thought hopefully. I hope so. 

She turned back to look at Winter and saw that he and everyone else (Sky and Wren, Moon, Qibli, the Mudwing and Rainwing, Sundew, Cricket, and Luna.) were looking at the camouflaged pit as WELL. "This HAS to be the Abyss," Sundew said. "I can smell the breath of evil," she added doubtfully. "Wow," Cricket managed. "What do you think this is? Is it the Abyss? How is it so camouflaged? Why? Does anyone know????" "Too much questions, Cricket," said Sundew's disapproving voice. "Shhhh," said Qibli. "I hear something!" And sure enough, Lynx could hear voices echoing from inside the Abyss. 

They were in big trouble. Lynx looked around at her friends and saw that they were all thinking exactly what she was thinking. They weren't alone after all. Someone was down there, and they did not want to be seen.

I hoped you liked he 5th chapter! I am very proud of it! Although I have no idea who the voices they are hearing are coming from. I would love suggestions for that. 

Please post any suggestions in the chat! Thanks! And bye.