Prologue

A/N: This part is pretty important to the story so it's best if you read it :)

I stepped into the glass arena with a heavy heart. Today is the day my sister and I will be forced to fight to the death for a stupid throne. I never wanted to be queen. I never wanted this. Sure Corlissa was a selfish hell raiser who needed a good beating, but she didn't deserve to die. I know she's going to die today. I've trained for a very long time just for this moment so that whoever I had to face in this arena wouldn't be able to kill me. But never in a million years did I think my own sister would be the one I'd have to face in here. The look on my sister's face gave me the confirmation that she was sure she would die too.

"Let the Queen Battles begin!" Yelled the judge over the intercom. A portion of the audience cheered while the rest stayed silent. We pummeled each other for what felt like eternity when the judge decided it was time to spice things up. Two bows with arrows felt out of a portal in the middle of the arena and Corlissa and I rushed to them. Not wanting to give the audience and judge the satisfaction of seeing me and my sister torture each other for hours, I aimed for her heart and quickly pulled back the arrow. I watched it fly into her chest with tears in my eyes. She dropped to her knees and I started to run to her and hold her, but the guards entered the arena and pulled me away before I could get the chance to. "Looks like we have a winner! Cressida Wellmaker will serve the Starfrost Kingdom and our country for many years to come!" Then they dragged me out of the stadium. I turned my head to look at my now dead sister, then immediately regretted it.