Chapter Four.

Do you know what teachers hate the most in this world? When students make fun of them especially if a student is known to be the dullest of them all.

If Snow White's stepmom had been here with her mirror and asked her mirror who was the dullest of them all the mirror would have said, "Maxwell, no one who dwells in this world can compete with his idiocy"

I guess Mrs. D took it that way when I raised my hand. She thought I was mocking her career as a teacher so she did the most logical thing in that situation. She ignored me. Wayne was not sure what I was doing but I decided to put my hand down.

"The play ends happily for all except Shylock ma'am," I said and continued" Everyone gets what they want but Shylock doesn't get the pound of flesh. Not that he was supposed to but the other characters treated him badly because he was a jew. He gets called names by Antonio and Bassanio. I feel like despite the other characters getting Justice Shylock didn't get any. He is portrayed as a Villain until the end yet society made him that way by treating him like dirt as jew. He had no control over that. He was born that way. The society that called him a dog for being a money lender was the one that made him demand a pound of flesh. Just like some of us are treated like dirt because we are born dyslexic. Are we not human? If pickle us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? Those were Shylock's words and I now understand how that character must have felt," I said and the whole class was shocked.

Mrs.D looked like she was struck by lightning and Wayne had his mouth open. Now that I think about it how on earth did I know about Merchant of Venice? I have never read that book and how did I know the characters.

Something was wrong with me. Mrs. D. Cleared her throat "Um- that's correct Maxwell. So any additions to what he said?" People just stared at me like I had grown a second had so she continued " What he said is the right class. Often we judge people according to who and what they do that we forget that they have feelings too. Anyways I will email your homework for today. Now let's move on to another book ok?"

"Yes ma'am," the class responds and I wonder how I even came up with that answer let alone quote Shakespeare.

No offense but I wouldn't read any of his plays if anyone paid me a million and that's saying a lot since I know I will never get paid such an amount. First of all his English is just a turn-off and I'm sure it must have been tough writing plays in such tight pants.

"Maxwell, remain behind after class I need to talk to you," Mrs. D announced and I almost fainted.

"Yes ma'am"

After the lesson, everyone left and I remained behind to face my terrible fate.

"Max, I would like to apologize for the way I have been treating you. I know you are dyslexic but I just..."Mrs.D. stopped and looked outside the window.

"Uh_uhm It's ok and I don't know why I raised my hand. It will.." I was about to say never happen again but I figured that would be rude. I was a student I mean I am a student and I'm supposed to participate in class.

"Just go to your next class. You will be late."

"So what did my queen want?" Wayne asked as soon as I came out of the class.

"Eww, disgusting dude. She is old enough to be your well, mom's sister."

"Yeah so? She is hot."

"And married the last time I checked. Mrs. Diamond? Ring a bell?" I said and Wayne scowled at me.

"She wanted to apologize to me."

"Wait..what? Apologize? And by the way what happened to you. Did you get possessed by the spirit of William Shakespeare or what?"

"One question at a time and let's get moving. Mr. Ndlovu won't spare you if you are late."

"Noted."

We rushed to the Science lab only to find out we were five minutes late. Mr. Ndlovu smiled as if he had been waiting for this moment all his life.

"Well, class we can begin the lesson now since Mr. Maxwell has been so kind to grace us with his presence." Mr. Ndlovu began and I felt a lump rising in my throat.

"Sir, can I please take him outside? He has my notes," Arianna said and I wanted to choke her. What was wrong with her?

I thought of the time when she first came to our school. She instantly hated my guts. She came to me and grabbed my hand. I had no choice but to follow her.

"What do you want from me?" I asked as soon as we were out of the classroom.

"We have to go right now," She replied panic striken.

I followed her as she continued to drag me towards the school gate. I missed my peaceful life compared to the one I was now living since the day that psychotic lady said those words to me.

"Where are we going?"

"To the fields. Things are bad and I believe it's high time you saw what I'm talking about," Arianna answered.

"And what exactly have you been talking about? From my point of view, you have been nothing but a pain. I wish you would just ignore me like you used to, I was happier before I knew you." I retorted in anger.

Nothing was going right in my life. A few days ago I didn't even know which play we were doing for literature in English and today I had spouted Shakespeare. Arianna was acting like we were buddies when she used to bully me.

"Well, tough luck Maxwell because you won't be getting rid of me anytime soon. In fact, you are stuck with me forever got that," She screamed and seemed to realize her mistake.

"Whatever! Arianna, why are we going to the maize fields?"

"Because you are the only one who can help these people."

"Yeah, sure because I'm a rain god right? Shouldn't they dance and sacrifice their cows or whatever. There is something about that in history."

"They can, except the spirits are angry. This is not natural and if they don't get what they want before the twentieth then it will get worse. More people will disappear and...."

"What do you mean? Can you tell me something that makes sense for once?"

"It will make sense soon. Trust me on that."

Yeah sure like everything else right? I was getting tired of that crap and if had known what was coming next, I would have preferred to stay dyslexic forever.

***********************************
Hie guys,
First, I would like to say sorry for the late update. School is getting hectic and I only have a week-long break.
I miss writing so much and I hope as time goes I will improve too.