Prologue

Experience Points.  

That is the all-powerful authority in my world. Not Darkness, not any other form of evil that may reside in this world. 

Let me explain something to you. 

It is not objective, there is no universal definition, there will never be a universal meaning. It will always be opinionated between good and evil. All that I know, all that everybody knows, is that it is the main difference between our sanity and insanity. 

I know it. Nightmare, Reverse, and Void knew it.  

Shadow knows it. 

Sure, some people who have gone down a dark path can be considered some of the driving forces of destruction, but this will always be eternal, universal. Infinite, it will never have a beginning or end. 

We refer to this force as an exp bar of sorts. This shows the progress a specific individual has made in this world visually, it will always appear when the status quo of this world has changed. Sometimes I wish this would make life simpler, showing the status quo, showing when things change, for the better or the worse. 

It doesn't. 

Well, not all the time. 

I mean, when you walk into a valley and you encounter a random tomb, and then your bar appears out of nowhere and goes up? Yeah, did I mention it's very misleading at the exact moment?

As I said, it is the main difference between keeping or losing our sanity. 

And I do mean this both figuratively and literally.