Chapter 22

It had been four days since she had arrived in Konoha but Karin could barely believe her luck. Just a week ago, Karin had been alone. Her mum was dead and the people of her village shunned her as a foreigner. She had been forbidden from being a ninja and was stuck in the hospital, forced to use her Bloodline to heal. Karin was just thankful that no-one had thought to try and use her to 'recreate' the Uzumaki clan.

Now though, Karin found herself sitting in a park with her new found cousin Naruto. Karin was watching Naruto's adopted sister Eri play with Hanabi Hyuga and three other kids. The kids were currently racing around the park playing tag as Karin and Naruto watched from the shadow of a tree. Noodle had exhausted himself a while ago and had snuggled himself on Karin's lap.

"Naruto," Karin said, "What were the names of the other kids again? And how do you know them?"

Smiling slightly, Naruto explained. He told Karin how he had met Konohamaru one day in the Hokage's office. Naruto had stopped Konohamaru from attacking the Hokage and Naruto had earned the boys respect somehow. Udon and Moegi were Konohamaru's best friends and they had taken it upon themselves to stalk Naruto and ask him for training. The three of them were best friends and Konohamaru had called their group the 'Konohamaru Corp'.

Mikoto was more than happy to entertain the self-styled 'Konohamaru Corp'. She found Konohamaru's barely concealed crush on Eri absolutely adorable. It hadn't taken long for Eri to be inducted into the 'Corp' after that. Hanabi however, was far more reluctant to appear 'childish' but once Konohamaru questioned if the Uchiha were better than the Hyuga, since they had joined the 'Corp', Hanabi joined almost instantly.

That revelation made Karin laugh. She didn't really know much about Konoha or it's clans but her first meeting with Hanabi and her father had given Karin the impression that the Hyuga were rather controlled and polite but quite proud. That Hanabi was willing to act her age for the sake of proving her clan was better than another tickled Karin's funny bone.

Naruto got to his feet. "Well, it's been fun. I think I'll get back to some training-".

"Oh no you don't." Karin said. She leaned forward and grabbed Naruto's left wrist. "Remember what Mikoto said? You should take a break from training every now and then. Give yourself time to rest. I'll tell Mikoto and then you'll be in for it."

Naruto grumbled a little before sitting back down. The fact that Naruto was now sporting a big pout made Karin laugh again. 'I hope he learns to enjoy taking a break. I haven't known him very long but Naruto works way too hard without thought about who he might be neglecting with his absence. I could tell Eri misses him by the way she lights up whenever Naruto gets back to the apartment block.'

Karin had been allocated an apartment in the new building that had been build. Karin had been told that it was built to help protect the Uchiha clan after an attack on their district had resulted in some of their members being hospitalised. Though Karin had her own space, she spent a lot of her spare time in the apartment where Naruto lived with Mikoto, Sasuke and Eri. It was a good feeling, being in a home with people she was already starting to see as family.

Naruto eventually grew restless and got up to play with the kids. Karin was tempted to join in but Noodle was asleep and she just didn't have it in her to wake up the bundle of fur. As she watched Naruto chase the kids, warmth filled her. 'Here I've found everything I wanted. I hope you can see where I am now mum.'

〰️➿〰️

The Third Tsuchikage, Onoki, sat at his desk, drumming his fingers on the wood. He had spent most of the day trying to decide if he was going to follow through on his plan. 'Who dares wins right?'