Chapter One

Chapter One:

Flowers in a Thorn Field

AZAMI

The screams of joy from the other children outside causes her to glance up beyond the object on her lap, before she gazes back towards the book sitting on her lap, revealing  text known to her, rereading it over and over again. Azami wants to be sure of something she does with her life.

The book gave her that satisfaction of, knowing something.

The girls beyond the fence of her reading space were weaving flower crowns, and sewing dresses together, with bright smiles on their faces. Although things like this didn't interest her, she couldn't take her eyes of the carefree expressions of the girls across the field.

The rich shades of their dresses just seemed to pop with the scenery of the outside, the pastel colors of yellow, blue, pink, and along with the colors pigeon blue, blush pink, and amber, it made Azami sigh, they might be beautiful know but she knows the real them.

She had sighed again before closing her book, she didn't need a bookmark because of how much she has re-read it.

She sat up and started to walk towards the fence, soon opening the white painted wood door, and closing it behind her, as she walked towards the orphanage, she wanted to get inside before the girls outside did.

She took off her shoes and put them by the door with the rest of the shoes of the kids who stayed inside, and the other caretaker.

She had gone inside her bedroom and later down, opening her book and starting to read, once again.

Soon she heard the others come inside.

She didn't want to put her book down but she still obeyed when their mother figure called her down stairs.

"Azami! Come down here it's time for dinner!" Sayake yelled upstairs.

Azami sighed, placing her book on the handbuilt nightstand her younger sister had made for her, walking towards the bedroom door and closing it as she walked out of it, coming down the stairs to the kitchen where she found everyone at the table.

As she sat down the food was served, it was some rice balls, ramen, and some tea for them to drink.

Everyone sat down, and prayed before  eating their food, after everyone had finished, they all sat down like everyday and talked about what they had done today.

"Wait....." Sayake said, looking around.

She slammed her hands on the table standing up immediately "WHERE'S IZUMI!?!" She yelled as everyone else either panicked, groaned, or got their shoes on quickly to look for her.

Azami sighed.

How should she could of missed it!?!

Her sister snuck out again!

Soon everyone was looking for Izumi, she was responsible, well at least from Azami's perspective, but only sometimes.

She was a year younger than herself, and liked to explore, and nobody liked it, she was always getting in trouble, or making them look for her.

Soon Azami had found her crazy haired sister smiling at her brightly, almost floating while bouncing up and down happily.

Azami grabbed her sister's wrist starting to drag her sister back home as she made a slight 'huh?'

"We need to get home, you already have chased enough trouble already" she said already scolding her sister as the younger one just looked away annoyed.

As they got home Izumi was scolded endlessly by Sayake as her sister went to sleep not wanting to deal with her sister's murmuring of how 'unfair' it was for them to not be able to explore or even go outside without adult supervision, all because she thought since she was 11 she would be allowed to fight in a war or something, well at least that's from Azami's words.

She soon woke up in the middle of the night for some weird reason, she had went downstairs and had gotten a glass of water.

She soon went back upstairs going back to bed.