[TWELVE]

A/N: The photo above is how I picture Y/n's dress, but feel free to change it!

Charlotte dipped her puff in powder, chatting away as she dabbed at her face. "Girls, did you see the way he danced with me? A marriage proposal can't be far behind." She wiggled her ring finger. "Thank you Evenin' Star!" She shouted.

You grasped at the wall as Tia did up your corset silently. You turned and helped her into her dress and she pulled on a pair of gloves.

Lottie kept talking as she applied more mascara. "You know, I was starting to think that wishing on stars was just for babies and- and crazy people."

You followed Tiana out from behind the privacy screen; both of you quiet, heads hung, embarrassed from the night's events. Lottie gasped as she saw her best friends. "Look at y'all," she gushed gently. "Aren't you just as pretty as a couple of magnolias in May?" She picked up a simple silver tiara for Tiana and a gold one with stars for you. You sat on the edge of her bed and Tiana leaned on the bedpost. Nostalgia seeped into the room. "Seems like only yesterday we were all little girls, dreaming our fairytale dreams, and tonight they're finally coming true." She gracefully placed the crowns on your respectable heads.

The moment was seemingly ruined as Lottie's mood shifted. "Well, back into the fray." She giggled. "Wish me luck!" The door slammed and she called, "oh, Naveen!" Both you and Tia were glum as she unfolded the crinkled image and you popped open your locket.

Almost...

Almost there.

She glided to the balcony, and you followed behind.

People would have come from everywhere,

"We were almost there."

Your voice cracked as you teared up, leaning on the balcony railing. Tiana slowly pointed to the sky with a gloved finger, and you raised your head to see the Evening Star. You glanced over and made eye contact with Tiana for a moment.

"Are we about to do this?" She asked quietly.

"I think so," you replied. She pressed the picture to her chest as you squeezed your locket, knuckles turning pale. "Please, please, please," You whispered, eyes shut.

You glimpsed over to your right to see a frog on the railing a couple feet from you, but you didn't process it until a moment later, when you gasped and tapped Tiana's shoulder. She gasped as well when she acknowledged your newfound audience. She turned sassy, looking up to the Evening Star.

"Very funny." She glanced to the slimy creature. "So what now?"

You eyed the thing. "You want a kiss or somethin'?"

He inspected his fingers and smirked at the both of you. "Kissing would be nice, yes?"

Grabbing at your skirts, you and Tiana screamed as you backed into Lottie's room.