Welcome Home.

It was a rainy, soothing evening. A beautiful sunset under the dark, huge clouds as the raindrops loudly hit the window. It's been a few months since Hisoka was last home. The place is filled with a sorrowful, lonely feeling while Y/N was sitting on the couch, hugging her knees, slightly burying her face into her legs, at the verge of falling asleep by now. It was a rough day before hand, with the stress of work and worrying whether Hisoka is doing okay, Y/N hasn't been able eat well. She sighed softly and leaned back in the couch, the raindrops slowly soothing her mind. She gets up, walking over to the kitchen. Once Y/N got to the kitchen when her eye suddenly caught a big shadow staring at her from the window. It was Hisoka. She gasped and rushed over to the window, opening it. "Where have you been?! You know how worried I was about your whereabouts, Hisoka?! I'll murder you if you continue to mess with me like this!" She yelled, her voice slightly cracking, showing all the stress and exhaustion in her tone.

Hisoka chuckled softly, stepping in and shutting the window back behind him. He was dripping wet from head to toe as he pulled Y/N in. "My apologies, darling~" he whispered, taking a short pause to smooch her head as she buried her face into his chest. "It was quite troublesome to get it done as fast~ but I've returned now, haven't I?~" he said with a small laugh. Y/N huffed softly, nuzzling into him. She couldn't help but get all clingy already. She missed the strong scent of bubblegum and vanilla. She missed Hisoka's big, strong arms wrapped around her, his soft voice comforting her and his soft lips on her skin. "Yes, you're home now, that's what matters. I'm glad you're okay. I couldn't bare to wait any longer, I was thinking of going out to search for you. Your shirts already lost your scent" she said, a bright, faded blush appearing on her cheeks at how embarrassing her confession was. It wasn't like her to blush at all, so Hisoka was quite surprised of it. He let out a soft cackle, ruffling up her hair before pulling back. "Aw, how troublesome ~ You seem quite tired. Have you gotten any sleep today?" He asked quietly, showing concern for her like he's always had. Y/N laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her head. "Ah.., well.. about that, I was going to get a snack and get some sleep. I've been busy with work as well." She admitted, staring up at the tall male. Hisoka smiled. "Mmh~ very well, as honest as always~"

During Hisoka's work trip he was quite stressed as well. Of course he missed his dearly loved. He was quite impatient to get home already, so his face was filled with excitement to see her again; Y/N yawned, pulling away from the hug and stretching. "I suppose we can eat some quick lunch together and then head over to take a nap. I assume you haven't been taking care of yourself properly. So change into comfortable clothes and hurry out to eat." She said in a bit of a demanding tone, stepping out and heading to the kitchen as Hisoka just stared while she walked out, heading over to the closet and changing into his home clothes which were just some long pajama pants and a pink crop top. While he was changing, Y/N was in the kitchen making quick sandwiches for the two, setting them in the toaster and placing them on a plate once they were done.

Hisoka walked out of the room and stepped up behind Y/N, looking over her shoulder. "I almost forgot. I brought you a little gift, I thought you might enjoy it~" he said, pulling out a pendant with a rose quartz attached to it, placing it around Y/N's neck and tying it there. Y/N smiled a bit, glancing down at the necklace. "As sweet as always. I've always adored your little gifts of gratitude and/or love." She said, reaching up to the cabinets to get out two glasses. "Would you like some orange juice or soda?" She asked.
"I'd prefer some water please, thank you." He said, taking the glasses and pouring his drink instead. "I'll be taking this and waiting for you in the bedroom~" he said with a loving smile as always, picking up the plate and heading back to the bedroom.

— CORNY LUNCH TIME SKIP —

Once the two were done eating their lunch they returned the dishes to the kitchen and washed them together; Y/N lead Hisoka to the couch and pulled him down with strength, tackling him down onto the couch. Hisoka smiled and let himself be pulled, holding her in with a smile. "You're always so playful after lunch~ I've noticed that small detail~" he said, pulling Y/N down to lay on his chest instead. He held her head against his chest as she closed her eyes, relaxing. She couldn't help it but fall for him all over again. His soothing voice stealing her heart as always. His sweet actions. The little details he remembers about you each time. She sighed softly in relief, clutching the small rose quartz in her hand. "I suppose you're correct. But I prefer that we sleep now. I'm exhausted and can't wait anymore" she said with a cackle, cuddling up on him.
They continued to cuddle together until they eventually fell asleep to the calming sound of the raindrops and the warmth of the others body on theirs.