part 1 :)

"Next stop: The Devil's Casino. Ev'ry body off!"

The train slowed to a screeching halt as steam billowed from the front. Y/n wrapped their jacket around them as they stepped out into the cool air of early evening, a cold wind snapping at their flushed cheeks.

The conductor of the train leaned out of the side of the train to make sure everyone got off, seeing the small figure shivering in the bitter cold. "Hey, kid, are you sure this is your stop? It ain't too late to get back on and head over to Isle Three, this is a nasty side of town to be caught in late at night."

Y/n turned to look at the large skeleton, nodding. "Yeah, no need to worry about me. I'm here for the casino."

The conductor shrugged, popping back into the train and signaling for the train to continue on its path for the night. The whistle blew once more, and the final car chugged away, leaving Y/n's hair whipping as it passed.

They turned towards the bright blinking lights of the large, looming building that stood in front of them. This was it, their only chance. They had run away from home with all the money they had, the little bit they had been saving for months. They couldn't stand it anymore, being stuck in the city with a father who couldn't hold a job but still somehow went on week-long business trips. It was time for Y/n to take matters into their own hands and get money one way or another, even if that meant risking it all at the Devil's Casino.

This place had only been whispers among the big city, a place where people who had nothing gambled away for a chance to win a fraction of the casino's profits. There were stories of those who walked in with a penny and walked out as a millionaire, but even more stories of those who walked in with a few hundred and left with nothing, not even their souls. But Y/n shook those stories out of their brain; this was their last chance, even if they had to give up their soul, they would come back with the money to live life the way they intended.

Y/n stepped up to the red carpet that rolled up to the golden double doors, taking a deep breath to shake off any nerves. Any hesitation could result in a serious loss, and they had to be in tip top shape. With trembling hands, they pushed a hand against the doors, swinging them open with ease despite their size.

As soon as they stepped in, they were hit with an overwhelming stench of smoke and booze, with loud chatter and the clinking of glasses echoing from the large room. There were countless roulette wheels, slot machines, and card tables that towering figures leaned over, yelling with either joy or anger as they downed their drinks and nearly spilled them on the pristine red patterned carpet. A large figure pushed past Y/n, stopping at the door before yelling something over his shoulder.

"You'll regret this Dice! One day it'll be me who takes all yer cash and runs!" Even from the distance, Y/n could smell whiskey on his breath, and he took one glaring look down before storming out the door.

Y/n, pressing onward into the casino, turned to where the man was yelling at. It was a crowded roulette table with multiple men laughing heartily as the sound of the ball dropping was heard. Probably should warm up a little before trying my luck there... Y/n thought to themselves before heading over to the slot machines.

They took a seat in the cushioned red chair by a mermaid slot machine, sliding a quarter in and pulling the handle. They held their breath in anticipation as they got one cherry... then another... but got an orange on the last slot. Drats! So close. Well, good enough for a first try.

Two more quarters into the machine, and it wasn't looking good. Still those stupid oranges, ruining some perfectly good lineups. Y/n sighed, pushing a fourth quarter in and pulling the handle with a bit more frustration. This time as Y/n's eyes glazed over at the spinning slots, they felt the odd impression that someone was watching them, and a shiver ran up their spine.