shut up and dance (alternative ending 1)

a/n: hi! this is 1 of 3 alternative endings to bmha- this is more hurt/comfort, because many people were asking me to just take it nicely on gojo, and honestly? i need some comfort today... so here ya go!

these next two days, I'll post a revenge ending where you get with getou because um..... have you seen that man he's beautiful, and it would hurt gojo a crap ton

as well as an angsty ending with a kid :)))

-----------------------

The rum coated your throat, filling your body with searing heat.

You and alcohol you were at were both soulmates and sworn enemies. It made you feel like heaven sometimes, bringing on the best of luck- you were tipsy when you met Gojo, which led to some of the best times of your life. But it also burned like hell, crashing you back up to Earth, absolutely wrecking every single cell in your body.

Tonight was one of those nights that burned you from inside out.

You'd stumbled out of your shared apartment with Gojo a week ago, tears bursting out of your oculars as the door finally closed, dragging your heavy suitcases behind you. You had nowhere to go, no one to turn to, but you forced yourself to persevere, forced yourself to pick every single one of the pieces of your heart back up.

You booked a room at a hotel using Gojo's credit card, not caring about what he thought because he was the one who cheated, he was the one who left, surely he should pay it back somehow? Plus, his salary as a sorcerer paid him way too much for his own good anyway.

But your thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Y/N?"

You turned around to see the face that you'd grown so close with these past few years. You really couldn't say that your first thought of him at that moment was of disappointment or anger because it wasn't. It was still awe, still... love.

Of course he would be here- after all, it had been the bar the two of you met at, and the bar that the two of you frequented. You could almost feel the memories flooding you, the way the two of your throats burned as you chugged shot after shot, as you yelled out the lyrics of your favourite songs-

"Gojo... I'm really not in the mood for this."

He clasped your wrists- not in a caging, shackling manner, but a desperate yet secure manner.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N, I'm so, so sorry."

His knees were on the floor at this point, his head leaning snugly on your thighs. It was an unsettling sight, to be truly honest. There he was, the strongest sorcerer, begging for you to just... listen to him.

A small part of you softened, seeing the display. You knew that you were the only person he'd ever show his weaknesses to, the only person he'd ever cry for, if it was any indication by the tiny droplets that you could feel on your legs.

Running your fingers through his platinum hair, tugging gently on the ends to get him to look up at you, his eyes absolutely beaming with regret and anticipation.

Tapping on the seat next to you, you uttered, "I'll get you your favourite."

Slowly slipping into the seat, his frown lightening slightly, but not enough to turn into a smile. As he sat there, mouth sealed, merely glancing over at you bashfully every now and then, you panted, "Talk."

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I really didn't mean it. It was just a one-time thing. I promise, that was nothing more. Kiyoko's just a friend."

"So why'd you do it?"