Background Information!

You're probably wondering about now, why should I care? Is this actually going somewhere? Bear with me. It is. I think. So. Where was I? Ah, right. It's kind of a sucky world to be anonymous in, just so you know. Something happened some years back, I don't remember what, but now there's superheroes. Actual superheroes, like with powers and all that jazz. People absolutely adore them, worship them, idolize them. These guys save the day, save the people. Whether it's some natural disaster that they stop, or some psychopath who tries to take over the world, for whatever reason, they step in and take care of the situations the government can't. They aren't always the best people, and can sometimes even be downright awful, but they save the day, and we love them for it. And I'm not saying that I dislike them, or we shouldn't put them on a pedestal. Hell, even I love them. I was just about as big s superhero nerd as the next guy. Probably my favorite would have to be Blast, the guy who blows shit around telekinetically. He's not really the most glamorous one out there, but I think he's cool. Anyways, like I said, not a great world to be unremarkable. We're all kind of in the hero's shadows, but I'm in just normal people's shadows as well. And this isn't where I tell you I fall into a vat of some chemical garbage or whatever, or get bit by some magic something or other, no. I don't have powers, and I don't get them. I don't come up with some suit or tech that makes me their equal. I'm just in the wrong place at the wrong time.