behind closed doors

To start off Id like to give yall some information before starting. This information is for any international reading who might get confused about all the names
GroenLinks: is the left party of Jesse Klaver
D66: is the left to mid party of Rob Jesse
Kauthar Bouchallikht : is one of the members of GroenLinks and is part of the current house of representatives
Sigrid Kaag: is the fraction leader of D66
Sylvana simons: is the fraction leader of the left party BIJ1 who fights for equality and fights against discrimination
Mark Rutte: Is our current prime minister
Thierry Baudet: is the fraction leader of FvD one of the most Right parties of the Netherlands and thinks covid isnt that bad.

Also please note that is it totally fictional, in this story  Jesse his wife and rob his boyfriend's exist and please note that i am not fully invested into our own politics so i might miss some things here or there. Lastly english is not my first language and i am dyslectic so there might be some spelling errors that i didn't catch.

Their phones has been buzzing all day long, every break from debating their where overflown with messages asking if they know what was going on, if they had already seen it. numerus Instagram notifications of new followers and English comments. they of course knew what was going on, they knew a tiktok about them had blown up and went international , they both where well aware of the fact that people where now shipping them, where writing fanfiction and they were well are about the fact that this went international, they were wondering however wondered if any of their colleagues already knew or how long it will take until they found out. It was save to say it was a weird day for both Jesse and Rob at the House of Representatives.

They day started off like any other day, they woke up, had breakfast and went to their job to discuss the new corona regulations and do work in their offices. But things took the unexpected turn when Jesse got a call during the debate between Thierry and Mark about the new regulations, Thierry of course wanting to abolish all the covid regulations and wanting to open up the Netherlands. Quite ironic isnt it, wasnt he the first one who wanted to put the country in full lockdown, but anyways. Jesse had gotten a call and excused himself from the debate and left the House of Representatives to take the call.

Kauthar Bouchallikht was calling Jesse. She had a day off so Jesse was wondering why she would be calling him during the debate. When he picked up she immediately explained to him how he and Rob where going viral on tiktok and that people all around the world where shipping them together. Jesse panicked slightly, was their secret out, the secret that they both had been hiding for a year now. He opened tiktok as quick as possible to see what was going on, he saw the fan edits, the ship videos, the confused internationals, the fanfictions. The panic was dying down once he knew it was all in good fun and that noting was out. He walked to his office and called Rob asking him if he could quickly drop by before they would both join the debate again.

Not much later Rob stood before Jesse with a puzzled look on his face wondering why Jesse had called him u there. have you seen what is going on tiktok? We are going viral, people from all over the world are shipping us now Jesse told him. Rob giggled and spoke up well that would explain why my phone kept on buzzing and why my whole comment section in Instagram is filled with confused foreigners not understand what I posted but agreeing this statement made Jesse laugh as well. what are we going to do now asked Jesse. what we are going to do now is going back to the debate and watch Thierre and Mark fight over the regulations a bit more, grab some coffee during the break, discuss about the climate changed and what we can do to change that, we go home, cook some dinner, shower, jump in bed and watch those tiktoks and read those fictions and tomorrow we will deal with the media Rob said seriously before giving Jesse a peck in the lips before leaving Jesse his office.

Here is the think both Jesse and Rob have been in a relationship for a year now, they met when Job joined the House of Representatives, the became good friends, but things changed last year when Rob broke things off with his boyfriend at the time. Rob had fallen in love with Jesse and he didnt want to lead his boyfriend on. They broke things off and one late night at the office in The Hague Rob and Jesse shared a kiss, they took things slow ad started dating not long after and half a year later the moved in together. They kept things a secret, Rob had been out of the closet but they didnt know how the population would react if they found out that politicians from 2 different parties would be dating. Their closes friends and family knew, Sigrid of course knew, she knew everything and Sylvana found out after walking in on them in Rob is office.

Jesse made s way back to the room where the debate was held, he sat back down and tried to pay attention to what was going on, but he felt 2 pairs of eyes bruting on the back of his head, so he was not surprised that he and Rob where cornered by Sigrid and Sylvana during the break and the coffee machine. They bombarded them with questions, if they already knew, how they felt about it and what their where going to do. They explained that they knew and they were quite amused, they also explained that they didnt know yet what they where planning on doing. Sigrid had told them they she and their party would support them if they decided to come out about their relation ship an Sylvana had told that she would fight anyone who was going to make a big deal out of it.

With this re assuring feeling they went back to finish their duties, after the debate both Rob and Jesse went up to Jesse his office, both man knowing that they couldnt deal with it the next day, they planned a interview with the NOS for the next day. They knew that hey could just tell that it was all fictional and go their married way, but they both knew it was going to get harder and harder to keep them a secret and if there would be a perfect time come out it would be now. They left Jesse is office and went on their way to the exit, ready to go home and unwind when they bumped into Thierry, who stopped both man to ask them if they already knew what was going on, both man nodded to him and Thierry went on how awkward it must be to be shipped with your colleague from a different fraction and how if he where them he would have shut the rumors immediately. Jesse and Rob just chuckle and parted their way with Thierry, if he only knew.

They made their separate ways to their shared home, cooked their dinner and eat it at the dinner table while discussing what they would say next day during the NOS interview. After dinner they took a shower together and hopped in bed. Opening tiktok and going to the resse hashtag, they spend the next 2 hours watching the tiktoks together, laughing at the confused foreigners who where wondering how they ended up there, admiring the creativity of some of the people who made the edits and posted the fan arts. After that they took to Instagram to share the tiktok that started it all, captioning it with just some eyes and making a funny comment about it, they responded to the people who had tagged them in their stories and liking the fan art and they finished their night off with reading the fanfiction, laughing at how ridiculous some were. They shared a long and sweet kiss before going to sleep dreading tomorrow. Both knowing that their whole life will be changed after tomorrow for the best or for the worst.

The next day started bright and early when their alarm went off. They both got up and took turns in the shower getting ready, they went to their kitchen to make breakfast, both not really in the mood to eat, being too nervous of the interview, but both man knew very well that they needed to eat or they would get hungry later on.

They hopped into they car and drove off to the house of representatives where the interview was going to take place, Sigrid and Sylvana would be right there, beside them to support them. The parted the car and went inside, getting a view weird looks form colleagues who by know would know about the tiktok and probably confused why they get there together.

They made their way to the room where the interview would be held. When they entered they saw that the NOS reporter was setting everything up, and they saw Siegrid and Sylvana standing there giving them a reassuring look. They got miced up and sat down. The interview started off with some simple questions how they found out and how they felt about it. Both man answered the questions calmly. Than they question came and why do you think this happened both man knew this was it I think we might have not been that good at hiding our relationship after all Jesse said. That was it, it was out and up. It felt as if a weight was lifted off their shoulders, no more hiding and no more secrets.

Well that was it, I hope you all liked this one shot, I normally dont really write light stories and I also usually write about politicians especially not of my own country or for whom I vote, but here we are. Let me know what you though of it and if you maybe want a follow up about the aftermath. Leave a like while you at it and I hope you have a wonderful day