Chapter 1

UNSC FFG-643 Reclaimer, Autumn Class Heavy Cruiser

Battle group "Raseiniai"

Time: March 28th, 2558

0900 Local Time

Location: In orbit Near Republic Venator Crash Site

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Reclaimer rumbled slowly, a sign that it was entering real space. The purple-blueish void of slipspace disappeared as a dark black background full of little white dots rushed in, with the big moon ominously lumbering in the background, it's pale white surface glistening in the sunlight. The ship lurched out of the slipspace portal, taking in full view of the former Outer Colony that was once bustling with life. The glassed surface holds many sorrowful reminders of the Human-Covenant War. Captain Judas Muller looks with such memories. The glassing of his home planet plays nonstop in his mind, the ravenous and deathly purple beams, spelling the destruction and death everyone knew too well.

The Reclaimer makes it's way toward what remained of the Venator, its wreckage sticking out among the pale glassed surface. ONI prowlers and research vessels dot the space above the wreckage, with the occasional signature green of a Pelican Dropship darting inbetween the research vessels. A new alien faction has been giving ONI a headache. It has been a chaotic two months, filled with dread and shock. The ONI agents, with the aid of an A.I, were able to extract the information on board the ship, now called a "Venator". The data packets, at first were unreadable,  but thanks to the work of the ONI scientists, they were able to decypher most of the information, and send their findings to HIGHCOM. Needless to say, there was surprise and shock at said information. There was a whole galactic civil war going on in Andromeda, between two factions: The Galactic Republic, and the the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The former, who had been ruling the Andromeda Galaxy for millennia. While the latter of which, recently broke away, accusing of corruption and other things against the Galactic Republic.

The prospect of another war did seem to cross ONI's mind at one point, seeing as though there might be other people (namely insurrectionists), and the Storm Covenant who had been springing up ever since the Human-Covenant War ended. Though at best, these were nuisances that could be dealt with. There had been an urge to build up ships to their pre-war level, and incorporate the new Forerunner technology that the UNSC had been discovering. But even with the help of the new Forerunner technology, the UNSC was in no shape to fight, and it was not expected to be at pre-war levels until at least 2570-2580. So far, there was no other explanation has to how the Venator had gotten into the Milky Way, other than some sort of wormhole, or that it simply just drifted here. As far as the UNSC could gather from their records, the Galactic Republic and Andromeda itself, was a particularly rowdy and unsafe place, reminiscent of the 1800s U.S Wild West. The outer, and by extension the mid-rim, were rife with piracy, gang wars, slave trading, and other unwelcome practices. While the inner rim had more better conditions, corruption and crime also plagued these places, but not as significantly as the mid or outer rim regions.

Muller watched as the little dots of the UNSC ships became closer; their blocky, ragged, grey Titanium-A plating basking in the sun's light. The ships dot the planet's orbit, the grey dots standing out amidst the chaotic background of the planet's surface. The Reclaimer steadily moved toward the UNSC fleet guarding the outer planet, it's engines blue glow getting brighter as it picks up more speed.

"Helmsman, how much longer until we link up with the fleet?" Muller asks, taking his eyes off the planet.