Chapter 16: Collapse

"No!"

You reach AJ just as his gun goes off. You weren't able to stop him...

You hear a few kids gasp from behind you, and you slowly turn to face them.

You see Marlon stumbling backwards with his hand pressed against his shoulder. Through the moonlight you could see red starting to bleed through his jacket.

"Oh shit..." you say quietly. The rest of the kids start to freak out as Marlon collapses to the ground.

"No!"

"Oh my god!"

"What the fuck?!"

You see Louis and Ruby rush over to Marlons body. The rest of the kids start to slowly back away from you and AJ.

"Is- is he alive?" Louis asks frantically.

"Yes, hes breathing.. but if we don't stop the bleeding right now he'll be gone in minutes," Ruby answers, as she starts to press her hands against his shoulder.

"We need to get him to the nurses office, now!" She continues. Aasim rushes over to her and the two of them start to lift Marlon up.

Louis suddenly looks over to you and AJ with an angry glare.

"What the fuck!" He shouts as he stands up.

"Why'd he shoot?! We talked Marlon down.. why did he shoot!?" He asks angrily as he gets closer to AJ.

You step in front of him and open your mouth to reply, but AJ speaks up before you.

"Marlon should be dead! He was gonna kill us.. You saw what he did to Clementine and Y/N! I aimed for the head, just like Clem told me to," he explains confidently.

"Wh- what??" Louis asks with a shocked look.

You look back to AJ, suprised by what he was saying. You slowly shake your head and glance back at Louis. This wasn't going to end well...

"We- we got Marlon to calm down. What the fuck did you teach this kid!?" Louis exclaims as he looks to you and Clementine.

You look around at the rest of the kids, seeing a few looking back to you angrily. You noticed Mitch glaring back at you with his fists clenched.

"Hey! Back off, all of you!" Violet shouts as she steps in front of you and AJ.

She raises her cleaver and looks back to you.

"You guys need to go back to your room," she explains as she points towards the dorms.

You nod your head as Clementine walks over to your side.

"Okay, let's go," she says to AJ, and you all start to walk.

"Oh, so we just let them go back to the dorm like nothing ever happened? What happens the next time someone does something this kid doesn't like? Should we expect a bullet too?" Louis says frustratedly.

"That's not what happened, Louis," Violet replies.

"That's exactly what happened! It was over, till little mr trigger-happy decided otherwise!"Louis continues.

You see him and Mitch start to walk towards you.

"We saved you all from that car wreck, and this is how you repay us?!" Mitch says angrily.

"We had the situation under control! We talked Marlon down and then he just... he shot him! That kid is fucking insane!" Louis says as he glares down at AJ.

______________
Choice time... this one will leave an impact later on ;)

Choice A "Defend against Louis"

Choice B "Defend against Mitch"