48 - [ᴏ' ᴘᴀɪɴꜰᴜʟ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ ʟᴀɴᴇ] - 48

-Floris's POV-

I watched as Darryl knelt down besides me, helping me sit up. He placed some pills in my hand and I gladly took them without any hesitation. "Floris, I'm going to get people to help bring down one of the beds. I'll be right back, ok? Toby, let me know if anything bad happens." Toby nodded with Darryl leaving once again. "How are you feeling?"

"I don't think I've ever felt this much stomach pain before." I claimed, clutching my stomach. "Do you think I'm turning into a zombie? What if a zombie died in the water and-" Toby cut me off. "I doubt it. It's most likely something else, because you probably would've turned into a zombie by now." He wasn't wrong. "Will?" I turned my attention to the nurses offices entrance. "Oh hey Toby... Is Floris alright? I heard he wasn't feeling well." Will walked over to us and knelt down next to me. "Floris are you ok?"

"No... Not at all... Not even close to alright really..." I struggled to stay sat up. "What's with all those cuts?" Will asked in a concerned voice. "Nick found him out, alone, and lost late last night. Although I'm not sure why he was out there." Will sighed. "I told you Floris, you should've stayed here." Toby looked confused. "He was here?" Will nodded before continuing. "He saved us, he also saved you guys from the bombs under the school." Toby looked surprised. "HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH?!" Toby yelled suddenly. "Yeah. Then you all decided to tie him up."

"I'm so sorry Floris..." I gave him a reassuring smile. "It's fine, you didn't know any bet-" I cut my sentence short as my body flooded with even more pain and sickness. I noticed a trash can near by so I quickly dragged myself to it and threw up the strawberries and pills I had before, leaving my stomach empty once more. I layed down on the ground beside the trash can. "Oh my god..." Will muttered. "Will, help me take him to the washroom since I want to be able to give him a glass of water and I don't want him filling the garbage can up so quickly."

"Can't he walk?... I mean, I guess if his stomach hurts to-" Toby cut Will off. "He sprained his leg last night as well, that's why he isn't walking." Soon enough I heard footsteps approach me as I felt myself get lifted off of the ground. "I'll get him some water, meet me in the washroom." Toby said as I felt myself get carried towards the washroom. Once we entered, the singular window was the only thing lighting up the room we were in. Will sat me up against the door of the outside wall. "Do you mind if I feel your stomach?" Will asked quietly, I shook my head willing to do anything to get better and to not be in so much pain.

He felt my stomach with it hurting only a little bit every time he touched it. "That's strange..." I was confused as to what I heard. "What is?" I asked him as he continued to feel my stomach. "You look extremely underweight. Have you always been this way?" I shook my head. I watched as Toby entered the bathroom with a cup of water. He walked over to me and handed it to me as Will stopped feeling my stomach. I drank the water slowly, feeling my stomach getting upset because of the liquid. 

"I don't think this alone is a fever or anything like it. I think something else is causing it." I placed my cup down beside me. "What do you think it is then?..." I asked in a weak tone. "Seeing how quickly you've lost weight, I suspect it's something that's in your stomach."

"Then what is it?" I asked. "I think it might be some sort of worm or parasite. I know this sounds unpleasant but I think it's eating you inside out because of how skinny your stomach looks..." I looked at him, my body filling with fear. "Are you serious?..." I asked, worried. "Yes... And because of how quickly you're losing weight, if we don't do something within the next few days you might be..." Will didn't finish his sentence, as I already knew what he was going to say. "Although I'm not completely sure Floris. There is something else it could be which isn't half as bad, but I'd have to ask George about it."