S1 E2: Saving The People Who Save People, Part 2

Mighty Med

"Kaz, how could you do this!? Now Tecton has a giant hole in his chest."

"Hey, calm down. Everything is gonna be fine," Kaz gasps, "I have the perfect solution." He turns to me, "You wouldn't happen to have a giant cork on you, would you?"

"Yes! I just happen to have a jumbo cork nearby." I sarcastically bite back. I'm not sure if Kaz will lead to my untimely death, or if I'll just snap one day. It hasn't even been 15 hours. I have a newfound respect for Oliver.

"Really?" Kaz asks earnestly. Shaking my head, I tell him I don't.

"I only have this pretty big one." Kaz pulls a cork out of his pocket.

"What are we going to do?" Oliver raises a good point. We can't put the stop sign back into Tecton because that'll lead to an infection. How are we going to hide this from all the people who come in?

"I'm going to figure out why Tecton won't heal," Kaz promises. "Stay here."

"I'm going to figure out why Tecton won't heal. You stay here, Kaz. You've done enough."

"I need to fix this, YN. I'm coming with you."

"What should I do?" Oliver poses.

"It's simple. All you have to do is keep out the dozens and dozens of doctors, nurses, orderlies, and technicians who could walk in at any second," Kaz rattles off.

"Is that it?" Oliver snarkily asks.

"Look at me. Everything is going to be fine," I grab his shoulders, and he relaxes. He slowly nods, and I know I got through to him. Then Kaz opens his mouth again.

"Have I ever let you down before?" Oliver tenses up again.

"Constantly."

"Name one time!"

"When you pulled out the stop sign!" He shrieks.

"That was 30 seconds ago! Stop living in the past. Do you know why they call it 'the present'? Because it's a gift."

I grab Oliver's arm in an attempt to calm him down. Once he's pacified, I quickly punch Kaz and we head out.

"Is there a comic shop nearby?" Kaz opens his mouth to reply, but I already have my phone out. "Never mind, we can head to the one down the street. It's called the Domain."

"That's where Oliver and I- me and Oliver-," He shakes his head, "We go."

"Perfect. Then I'll know where to go during breaks and off-shifts." Kaz looks confused, so I clarify, "I don't really have anywhere to go right now. I could probably stay at the hospital, but I need other places to go. I'll get bored if I spend all my time in one place."

~~

The Domain

It's not too far from the hospital, so we get there in 10 minutes.

Making my way to the comic section, I start looking for the newest issue of Tecton. Kaz is flipping through one of the comics, his eyebrows furrowed with irritation.

"Tecton battles 'The Impaler', gets impaled, and instantly heals. I don't get it." Kaz discloses.

The identical brothers make their way over to Kaz and me.

"Clyde and Wallace." One quickly introduces.

"YN," I retaliate.

"What's not to get? Tecton always heals." Wallace extends.