1.1 // denied death

tw//

tw//

the bathroom lights allow me to see comfortably, if at all, simultaneously flickering at times. the only reason it doesn't shine bright is because i've been lazy, just like with everything else.

i lie in the tub, reminiscing.

i lost my job, i cant afford rent anymore, i cant pay for my anti-depressants, my apartment is nice, but i don't know how long it'll be mine, i have no family, no one to support me. i don't know how long i can bear it and be strong, it seems like nothing is going my way.

i'm a failure.

all that school i put myself though, all the work, just to end up like this and in debt.

my eyes find their way to the orange bottle of pills sitting on the sink.

there's probably enough to kill me in there.

my heart clenches at the thought, but quickly relaxes as i take quick breathes. my stomach turns, but still, almost involuntary, my hands grab ahold of the pills.

a lump in my throat develops as my shaky hands go to open the container.

tears make my vision blur, making me unaware of my actions. is it three pills in my hands? or five? i cant tell at this point.

it seems like it takes ages for my hand to find it's was to my mouth. an invisible force feels like it's pulling me away from my course of action.

i'm resisting.

no.

i don't want to die.

my eyes widen when the pills sit on my tongue. my throat closed up, not allowing me to gulp even if i wanted to. i sit there, mouth open, tasting my salty tears as they flow.

what am i doing?

i find a surge of strength — enough to spit the pills out my mouth and get up within five seconds.

i carry myself to the kitchen with the sole purpose of getting more alcohol.

i'm not usually like this. i'm not a drunk, not like my sister, but i wanted to let go, i needed to let go.

my balcony was open, so i head out, feeling the fresh breeze hit my neck as i tilt my head back and drink.

the city was so beautiful. lights beaming in the distance, a variety of building filling my view, people talking, cars honking. they always say that cities hold the most opportunity, fuck, that's why i moved out here in the first place. i wish things would've been different, it's really such a shame.

i indulge in the bottle i have against my lips, becoming less aware of my surroundings and actions.

a rush of anxiety hits me when i try to go back inside my apartment, but can't seem to move in the proper direction.

i'm forced to feel my body become dead weight, leaning on the railing until it disappears against me.

i'm falling.

it was peaceful, you can blame that on my intoxicated mind. i felt the wind against my back as i look straight up into the polluted city sky. my heart pounded a bit faster, not nearly what you would expect when you're falling to your death.

any and all sound becomes muffled and i close my eyes.

this is it.

in a second i'm going to crash into the concrete and die...

until i'm not?

i sink into someone's arms instead.

he caught me.

my eyes jolt open to be met with a brown pair looking back, breathing slightly heavy. his ashy blonde hair complimented his face, making him look unreal — like an angel. my eyes kept darting from his eyes to his round, pink lips.

my mouth opens to form words, but they never come. my thoughts are interrupted by overwhelming drowsiness.

i fight to stay awake, but rest is what my body needed, even if it was in a random guy's arms.

something about him told me i could trust this man-and it wasn't just the fact that he saved my life.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

—first chapter ahhremember to vote and comment if u enjoyed <33

first chapter ahh
remember to vote and comment if u enjoyed <33