A Way To Flow

Tera Anko's POV

"Just like the flow of water, my heart... can be stopped anytime."

💦

"Tera!" My classmate stretched out his arm holding a letter and kneeled. "Please accept this!"

Water can be either clean or filthy.
Clean water keeps flowing, for everyone needs it. Although, if it becomes filthy, the flow needs to be stopped.

I grabbed his envelope. As usual, many eyes were on us even though we were inside our classroom. By reading the letter, I knew that this guy had no shame...

"Is this your confession?"

"Y-yeah..." I didn't even need to think about my answer. I just opened my water bottle and let him stay kneeled.

Imagine if people were water. They would fear the stop of their flow and act pure. In my case, I am fully aware that my life has a timebomb so I figured that I had nothing to be afraid of.

"Ridiculous." I splashed the water on his face.

"How dare—"

A deadly glare from me made him stop working-- I mean, stop spouting more words.

Before continuing my words, I recalled what I saw earlier at the back of the school. The man, in front of me, forced a kiss on some random girl. I took a blind eye to that but I've changed now...

I slapped the letter back at his face. "...I'm the only one who dared to do this to you."

💦

After that commotion, we went to each of our assigned task areas. I belonged to the students assigned in the garden so I happened to see a boy stepping on a plant.

"Haha! Is this what you call a plant? It's worthless just like its caretaker!"

I hate getting involved in these things. However, I also saw a girl pulling someone's hair and she even pushed her.

"You're so noisy," I said coldly, aiming the water hose at the faces of two students.

"Are you cra- bwwwe-!" I aimed again to silence them. Finally, they left biting their lips while glaring at me.

After a few minutes, the girl bowed, expressing her gratitude. "T-thank you very much!"

"No problem. Go back to your classroom and get change. I'll take care of the plants."

I went back to watering the plants since I have nothing else to do anyway.

"Are you alright?"

"Ah— hah!" I screamed and dropped the hose when someone suddenly talked to me.

"Pfft... I'm sorry."

"Hey, how rude," I said while he just tilted his head. "Surprising me like that, you have no right to laugh."

"Ah yes, I apologize..."

"It's fine. Anyway, my answer to your question earlier is 'I'm not alright."

"Shall I comfort you?" He smiled, probably teasing me, that I wanted to rip his teeth apart.

"No, thanks. You should do that to the girl before."

"But I like Tera, so I'll stay here."
A sudden confession made me frozen. As my senses went back, I abruptly averted my eyes.

Normally, I would reject someone immediately like I did before but now, I couldn't even give a proper reply.