4. Why am I hearing voices?

After hanging out for some time afterward, Time said, "Guys, we have to hurry up. The others are waiting."

Everyone nodded at this or made some sign of agreement. Others? What others? 

"C'mon" Space whispered to me. We are going to do the ritual now." Space, Fire, Chaos and I had hit it off. Actually I got along well with every deity. I was closer to Space, Fire, Wisdom, Death and Chaos though. In the 2 days they spent with me, we became quick friends. Even though I am usually introverted, I just felt safe with them. I-I'm not sure. I'm scared they will hate me. Like-like...I don't want to talk about this. But why do I feel such a pull towards them? All of them.

I am broken out of my thoughts with Fate speaking to me, telling me to go to the middle of the runic circle. I look around, just now noticing that we are in the ritual room. Slightly dazed, I stand and the others take their positions as Fate begins officiating.

"We art h're the present day to witness the ascension of Alexander Harrison Blake in the name of Death." She started.

I saw Space and Fire have contemplative and torn expressions. 

"Doth thee wisheth to continue this ritual."

The answer came instinctively, "Aye."

She nods and faces them again. "Doest anyone else wisheth to participate."

Space, Wisdom and Fire stepped forward and said in sync, "I doth."

This must not be common as everyone looked shell-shocked. It took a full minute before Fate cleared her throat and said, "Art thee sure?"

"Aye." they said, looking like they were steeling their resolve.

"Then alloweth us proce'd." Every deity started chanting and a stream of light came out of the hands of Space, Fire, Wisdom and Death.

I felt a pull in the pit of my stomach. It grew and grew and grew until it was immensely painful. It felt like my bones were melting and growing back, my muscles being stretched, torn and mended, my skin disintegrating and compressing into a smaller frame. I knew that was exactly what was happening.

Through to haze of pain, I did not register the other deities letting out a shout of pain and falling to their knees. I did not register the swirl of power surrounding me in a green and blue storm. I did not register the chanting continuing in a different voice. An ethereal voice. 

What I did feel was another soul merging with mine; though I did not realise what it was. I heard another voice screaming with me. Our voices merging to form a horrible cacophony. 

Suddenly, I was not there anymore. I was in space. The vast nothingness. Surrounded with nothing but blackness and distant stars and galaxies. You get my point.

I looked around and saw a spirit standing next to me. I smiled at her and waved. It was then that my stupid brain realised that I too was a spirit. I let out an extremely high-pitched shriek at this development as a smile ghosted at her lips.

We stiffened as a soft, heavenly voice came from everywhere. However it was so soft that we had to strain our ears to just make a few words out. It was singing.

.....choose a.................

The harbinger................

.................power.............

........................... is born.

Twin souls.....................

....................intertwined.

......one is free.................

.........................confined.

When.............................

........................redrawn,

The Scarlet Witch is to be born.

That was the last thing I heard before we got pulled towards an invisible whirlpool. As the girl and I got sucked into an invisible vortex, all I could think of is...

"What can this mean?"