Chapter 11 - Kiara (3 months earlier) TRUST THEM

Neil had given me a list of around seven commandos. I had no idea on which basis these commandos were selected but I trusted Neil and respected his decisions so I didn't object. These seven commandos plus five researchers give a total of twelve people on the trip to the Amazon rainforest.

Kabir had wanted to come too, but Neil wanted him here as Kabir was the vice-president of this organisation as well as his best friend.

We were still in Neil's office. After all the talk about my trip, Kabir said, 'Listen Kiara, Amazon is not safe. And I don't want you there alone. I want to be with you, to help you when you need me.' I knew this was coming. Kabir had always tried to protect me from everything.

Initially, he didn't approve of the fact that I will be working so many miles away from him, when I decided to go to Andaman. But thanks to Neil, he had agreed.

But going to the Amazon was another level. I went near him and placed my hands on his shoulders and said, 'I am not alone brother. There will be eleven people with me. And among them we have seven of your commandos. Why do you worry then? I will be just fine. Nothing will happen to me. We'll just go, meet the tribe, ask for some blood or just a strand of hair and finally, we'll come back. Okay?'

He sighed and said, 'I know what you're doing, but still, I am worried. Why shouldn't I? You're my one and only family left. Do you really need to go? Can't you send anybody else in your place?'

I kept my hands on my waist and gave him a 'seriously?' look, then said, 'Brother?'

Before he could answer, Neil jumped in the conversation. He said, 'Come on Kabir, she'll be fine. Plus we'll send her with a GPS and we'll track her constantly. We'll also give her a transmitter, with which we'll be able to contact her. When she is in danger we'll know. We will help her out. Don't worry.'

Kabir didn't look satisfied enough but he said, 'Okay fine. This will do.'

Suddenly Neil's phone rang and he went to pick it up from the table. He looked worried when he was talking. Kabir noticed it too but he ignored and said to me, 'Take care Kiara. Stay out of danger. Contact me if you need any help. Okay?'

I was about to say yes when Neil interrupted.

'There's a small problem', he said.

'What is it?', Kabir asked and got up from the chair.

'The cabinet minister of the ministry of tribal affairs just called me personally to let me know that their tracking and transmission will be done by the ministry itself', he replied.

Kabir was taken aback. He went closer to the table and asked, 'And why is that?'

Neil said, 'It is because these researchers are not in our organization and so the ministry wants to be the one to receive their transmissions. But they assured us that they'll forward the transmissions made by our commandos.'

'What? How can they do this? They didn't want the responsibility to handle this trip and so they included us in this. And now they're saying they want to be the one to listen to all the records. Why? And why should we let them?', asked Kabir.

Neil sighed and sank in his chair. He said, 'We can't do anything Kabir. I tried to convince him but he wouldn't listen. He says he gave the permission and so he wants to be the first one to know about everything. Because apparently, he has answer to the higher authority.'

Kabir looked angry now. He turned around and went to the wall on the left. He placed his hand on the wall and said, 'That's not fair. They can't do this.'

Okay. What is the big deal? I said, 'It's okay brother. How does it matter who receives the transmissions first as long as both of them are getting it?'

'But still Kaira, what if they don't give us the full information? What if they hide something? I don't trust them', Kabir said and looked at me.

I replied, 'They might be thinking the same thing about you. They may not trust you either. That's the reason why they wanted them first. Just let it be brother. It's okay. Plus, why would they not tell you something?'

'Okay fine, but if something happens to you they will pay', he said.

* * *

Why will the ministry ask to handle the transmissions? Is the mole involved in this?

Do you think Kabir is okay with it?

Do you think Kabir is being too over-protective?

Share your point of views on this in the comments.

Lots of love

Rieshitaa