The Amulet chapter 4

(Psst sorry I haven't posted in a while its just i forgot about this account :) )

Chapter 4:Betrayal and Dragons

Dragons, I never thought I would see one in person...I remember when I was younger my mom would tell me stories about a red dragon named Phoenix and how he would save the day with his rider Omar, how he saved millions of villagers from the evil sorcerer Akulas "Do you know someone..named Akulas?" The words fell from my mouth like stones hitting the surface of a lake. A shocking mask fell over the rider's face "You know of Akulas?!" "Y-yes?" "My mom used to tell me stories about him..." "He's an evil sorcerer from our realm" she bit her lip "Your people, people from your realm I mean, aren't supposed to know about him." "Why not?" Rylee cut in "Because.." She took a deep breath "When I was young Akulas figured out how to get into the human realm but luckily Alice Smith sacrificed herself for your realm.."

My mom!?

---

"What's your name anyway?" She looked at me and questions filled her eyes "Jay.." "Jay what?" I can't tell her that was my mom. But I have to don't I? "I-i'm Jay...Smith" Her face shifted back to a shocked mask "You can't be!" Jordan blurted. My head turned itself towards him; he covered his mouth and his eyes lit up with shock, noticing what he'd done. "Who are you?" The rider stalked over to Jordan "I-i'm Jordan Herrera" "Who are you?" I heard the anger in her voice.

A few moments had passed then Jordan answered but it didn't sound like Jordan."~You got me this time little rider~" a low slick voice said. Jordan's body started to shift to a long slender pale body with red glowing eyes and long black hair, way different from Jordan's olive skin and short brown hair. Then the demon vanished into thin air.

"I could've stopped him!" The rider shouted, "That was a dark elf! They work for Akulas!" "He's probably going to tell Akulas that we're here so we'll have to get moving soon." "Can we sleep? I'm a little tired" I said yawning ''I-i am too." I heard Rylee say softly from behind me I turned "Are you okay?" I said worried "I'm fine, I just got close to Jordan before you showed up." "Is it okay if we move in the morning?" I whisper "Yes," she said sleepily "You should get some rest." I looked in her eyes and said "It'll be okay" then the rider finally answered "Fine, I'll get some wood for a fire." I could hear her grumbling as I sat down on a log to wait. A few minutes passed and I started to doze off. My eyes fluttered. I fought to stay awake but sleep pulled me down to a dreamless night