A Biker and A Bartender. Weird Pair, but I Want to Try It With you

Mario parked his bike in front of the bar. Looking up at the neon sign, he smiled. The amount of turned-on letters were even less than when he came before.

"Valhalla..."

He looked down at the box he was carrying. "Let's see... for Dana za-"

"-Hey! You again."

Mario glanced toward the voice and was met with a vending machine. A talking vending machine.

"Ah, um, Didi right?"

"You remembered!" said the machine, his tone robotic yet also joyful.

"How can I not? You always greet me," Mario rubbed his nape, "and always tried to rope me in to talk about R&B. Even zapped me that one time..."

"You like the 1980's."

"That's not a good reason to freaking tase me! You're the weird one for liking the 1970's R&B anyway."

"Yeah? Well, guess what? It's still a good enough reason for me." As Didi said that, noises came from within the machine's body. "Come here."

Mario went stiff. He recognized that noise. Shaking his head, he backed up slowly. "Oh, no you won't. I'm not letting you tase me again."

"Running away is a chicken's tactic!"

"Well, it just so happens I like chicken. Goodbye!"

Mario hurried inside Va-11 Hall-A. Didi was still shouting from the outside, his voice reaching the inside of the bar.

"You're lucky I don't have legs!"

Few more shouts came from the machine before he finally stopped, probably wanting to avoid having a sore throat. Wait, vending machines don't have throats. Nevermind.

Catching a breather, Mario set down the package on an empty table and wiped his forehead with his arm.

"Didi?"

Mario looked to whoever asked him. It was the bartender at the counter, Gillian. Though Mario won't tell the guy, seeing his face already made his day a whole lot better.

"Yeah."

Gillian sighed. "That vending machine can be a real hassle."

"You can say that again." Mario walked towards him, carrying the package in his arms. Glancing around, he noticed something. Only Gillian was here. "Where's Jill?"

"Taking her break. Probably smoking at the back right now."

"Oh."

Gillian looked down at what Mario was holding. "For boss again? Dana, I mean."

Mario nodded. "Mhm. Dana Zane."

"I'll take it for her."

"Sure, sign here please."

Before signing, Gillian searched around one of his pockets. Then his other pocket. Then the other one. His brows furrowed as he dug his hand into the first pocket again. "Oh my god, where is that damn thing?"

Mario waited as Gillian searched for his pen pocket by pocket. And not gonna lie, he thought Gillian looked cute fumbling around like that. It wasn't so often he got to see him like this. Now, if only he could stop watching and made a move, then he wouldn't have to only admire him from a distance.

He just needed to say he was interested. Just say it, simple as that. If he rejected, then that was that. And if by some miracle he said yes, then... then...