14. Too Tired

'Well, it all started in the summer, the day before our first year.'

'"Come on let's go!" Eleven years old and pulling my best friend all over the plaza. "Dragon, let's go!"

"Alright, Scar, I'm coming." He followed along holding his bags as his parents trailed behind us.

We were gathering supplies for a party at the Malfoy's. They had always been like a second family and although Draco and I weren't buying the party supplies, we always loved the plaza.

Walking past the stores, I came to a stop when I found my destination. "Boots!"

"You want boots?" He asked confused but followed as I entered the store.

I began browsing all the shelves and soon came across the most beautiful pair.

They were a pair of black boots, they were just my size. The insides were layered with fur and it was perfect for me. I fell in love and soon happily left the store with them.

Later that night, when the party was just getting good, Draco, Blaise, Pansy, and I were sitting in the study room of Mr. Malfoy. We were just messing around and hanging out.

We were having fun and it was beginning to get late, the sun was setting and the clocks were ticking. We were growing tired but refused to sleep.

That's when Draco stood up and pulled out a piece of paper, "I, Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, declare that tomorrow when we all leave for the great Hogwarts, we will be living with no parents. And I, like the most fearsome, strongest, and of course handsome leader-"

I stood from my spot and clumsily made my way to him, I held my finger to his chest and pushed him back onto the couch, "I am the most fearsome, strongest, and bootful leader. I- wait, bootful?"

"What's bootful?" Pansy stood asking as she walked over to me.

"Umm, I meant bootiful- beautiful! Why can't I think properly." I staggered back to the couch and sat down thinking, "Hey! Bootful, look at my boots aren't they bootful!" I broke into laughter as the rest stared at me confused.

"See, bootful," I pointed to my new boots and laughed, "Beautiful boots, bootful? Sheesh, why does it hurt to think?"

"Maybe because it's past midnight, children." We all turned to the door only to meet Mrs. Malfoy.

She laughed quietly and later Mrs. Parkinson along with Mrs. Zabini came in to get Pansy and Blaise. We all said goodnight and soon they left, leaving me alone with the Malfoys.

"Alright, Scarlett dear, to your room. Draco, you as well."

We nodded and left the room walking side by side, "So, I'm handsome and you must be bootful." I snapped my head and smirked backing him into his room and soon his closet.

"Scarlett! Let me out! I was joking, come on!" I laughed as I listened to him banging against the door and pleading for release.

Sooner rather than later, I came up with a brilliant thought and wanted to share it with him, "Dragon~ I'll let you out, on one condition."

He sighed and stopped hitting the door, "Fine, what?"

"Say you're bootful." I sat on the bed smirking as he was silent for a while.

"No! That's weird, I'm handsome, not beautiful."

"It's not beautiful you weirdo, it's bootful. Say you're bootful and I'll let you out." he continued to ponder and soon there was a long sigh from the closet.

"I am bootful..." he mumbled but I couldn't hear him as well.

"Louder, I can't hear you."

"I Am Bootful," he said again a bit louder, but there was more to do.

"Draco, I want the manor to hear you, louder please."

Silence filled the room as I waited for his response. "I AM VERY BOOTFUL!" He yelled and I laughed as I opened the door allowing him to fall out.

He fell to my feet and I helped him up, or rather he pulled me down. But we ended up having a tickle war before actually going to bed. It's why I was so tired the next day on the train.'

"So that's why he yelled that. That's kind of cool how you two have a small thing that reminds you of when you were younger." I looked to Draco as Esmeree finished her sentence and smiled.

"I guess it is cool. Anyways we have a prefect's meeting, let's go Draco." He rolled his eyes grumbling.

"I mean yes, we all know what happens when you get tired, but did you really have to?"

"Yes, yes I did. We have to go, now." I turned back to Blaise and Esmeree and waved to them, "Bye Blaise, and you as well, Ez. You don't mind if I call you that?"

"I don't mind at all! I've always wanted a nickname and a sibling but I never got that." I chuckled and walked up to her kneeling down to her height.

"Well then Ez, you can consider me an older sister, in a way. If you want, because it means that if you ever need anything, I'm there for you."

Without any words, she wrapped her arms around me and I was tense at first but then returned her hug. "Thank you," she whispered gently in my ear and when we pulled away I stood and smiled.

"Always." I waved and turned to leave with Draco who was smiling as he waited for me at the entrance.

"You've never been close with the younger kids. What's different?"

"I'm not entirely sure but she reminds me of myself. I- I don't know."

"It's alright Scar, it's perfectly fine. She does seem like a good fit for you. And though neither of us has had a younger sibling, I'm sure you'll do great as her honorary one." I sighed and he stopped walking to face me.

"Scarlett, you give out pieces of yourself to people but you never let them see the whole picture. I've seen it. I know who you are, and I know what you're capable of. Don't doubt yourself. Esmeree believes in you, so does Blaise and many others for that matter. But you have to believe in yourself."

A small smile etched across my face and I soon crashed into his arms as I held him close. With my head against his chest, I could hear his heart beating and it was slow and steady like my own.

He pulled me in tighter but gently and whispered into my hair, "You are everything, Scar. I believe in you."

I smiled and pulled away meeting his eyes, "Thank you."

"Always," he smiled and grabbed my hand as he began to pull me down the halls, "Now we have a meeting to get to."

We both set out in runs and raced one another to Snape's office. We were laughing and running through the halls like little kids again.

But it was just us

But it was just us.