Chapter 2

In times they say it was through snowy paths,

A young and foreign stranger, strong and brave,

Known as Pit, went on his way.

He marched on rugged trails, arriving to a cave full of energy.

He moved to enter, seeing fire up ahead.

Three statuettes were there, primordial gods before the fire --

Vili, Odin, and Ve, all calling for adventure.

The trail of footsteps in the snow only grew longer as the two kept walking. The angel, and the girl who wouldn't talk to him... she would barely even turn to see him, and the only thing saving him from the increasingly uncomfortable situation was the internal conversation he was having with Palutena.

'She sure is quiet, huh.' Pit added, not sounding too eager. The road had been as silent as possible with all the one-syllable responses his new guide had given him.

'And serious. Tough crowd... Feeling uncomfortable yet, Pit?' the goddess asked, prodding him about it. 'I'd say she has a strange vibe about her. It's that same intensity Magnus had when you first met him.'

'Well, he's a mercenary. And she's a... a village girl?' He could now see a group of huts ahead, and Pit looked back at his current traveling partner. She had her hair in a braid that went down her back, and her clothes were layered. She met his stare, her eyes shining a light purple. 'I really don't know what to make of her. Her attacks seemed well-trained to me.'

"The leader should be in the center..." The chesnut-haired girl interrupted the goddess and angel's silent conversation.

She took a moment to speak, as she couldn't remember exactly where the boss would be at this hour.

As they entered the village, a group of kids came running up as fast as they could. There were seven in total, many with light brown or blond hair, and one with black hair who seemed to have a mountiain of energy.

The girl escorting Pit didn't seem to expect this reception, as she raised a disbelieving eyebrow.

"In the name of our leader and the ancients, we challenge you!" the kids called out in unison, brandishing some wooden sticks as fake weapons. They looked pretty adorable, so it was hard to take them seriously.

'Pit, dodge them,' Palutena ordered.

The young man with blue eyes nodded and did as he was told, suprised that she didn't seem to think the kids were cute in their attack. He advanced and dodged the kids, causing most to end up falling in the snow after being evaded. Others were more determined, but were definitiely no match for the angel... or for her.