Confession - Fluff

Sorry if this chapter is a little weird I did it at like 3am so yeah :)

_____________________
The Fukurodani team was currently at a training camp with Nekoma and Karasuno. It was like their usual camps nothing new really.

But tonight Bokuto wasn't feeling so good, so after dinner he told everyone he was going to bed early to try and get better for the matches tomorrow.

"Hey Akaashi, what's up with Bokuto?" Kuroo had asked when Bokuto left the cafeteria.

"Mh, I'm not totally sure." Akaashi had responded.

"Oh maybe you should check in on him to make sure everything is okay." Suggested Kuroo.

"Yeah I'll check."

Akaashi waked down the hallway to the Fukurodani sleeping quarters thinking of what he would say.

He usually did this to avoid any awkward interaction, but he did it extra carefully around Bokuto because he's had a little crush in him for a while now.

It started off as something small and barely noticeable, but now, now it's gotten a lot stronger. He's always trying not to blush or get to flustered around him to calm any suspicion, but he can't help it.

"If I just ignore it it'll go away." Is what he always told himself. He knew it didn't work though. It just made things ten times worse in the long run.

When Akaashi finally got to the room he saw a lump in the sleeping bag in the corner. He walked up to it and sat next to it. He saw Bokuto sound asleep facing the wall.

"Why must you do this to me, Bokuto-san?" Akaashi sighed looking away from Bokuto.

But what Akaashi didn't know was that Bokuto was just pretending to sleep.

"I tried so hard, you know that..." Akaashi closed his eyes inhaling deeply. "It's hard pretending not to love every single thing about you."

He looked back down at Bokuto and put his hand through his black and silver streaks.

"It's hard to pretend that I'm not hopelessly in love with you." Akaashi felt tears well up in his eyes as he spoke. "But I know you could never love me back, you're too gorgeous, and outgoing, and bright, and amazing, you could never love someone so boring and gloomy like me." Akaashi let out a wet laugh.

"I'm fine with just loving you from afar for now, there are much better people out there for you I would only hold you back from finding them."

At this point Akaashi's tears were streaming down his face and Bokuto was wide eyed.

"A-Akaashi?" Bokuto said just above a whisper.

Akaashi gasped realizing he was heard.

"B-Bokuto-san I... I'm sorry I didn't mean to I just-" Akaashi stammered pulling his hand away from Bokuto's hair.

"Akaashi, is all that true?"

"I... yeah, yeah it is." Akaashi was bright red with embarrassment.

There was a heavy silence over the two boys as Akaashi waited to be yelled at and called slurs and disgusting. But it never came.

Bokuto slower raised his hand and gently ran his hand against Akaashi's cheek.

"I like you too." Bokuto said with the most sincere voice looking deep into Akaashi's eyes.

"You what?" He couldn't believe his ears. His crush, of two years, likes him back? That can't be possible. Can it?

"I said I like you- even love you. With all my heart."

"And you're not lying? You're serious? It isn't some sick joke?"

"No no, Akaashi, I truly love you. I just thought you didn't like me like that" Bokuto nervously laughed.

"How could I not love someone as beautiful, inside and out, as you?"

"You're saying all this stuff about me when it's really you who's those things. You're my light, the one I want to wake up to, the one I want to love and to be loved by, the one I want to make love to. You are my everything."

"I feel the same." Akaashi said his face inches away from Bokuto's.

"Can I... Can I kiss you?" Bokuto asked.

"Yes."

As they both closed their eyes and learned in, feeling each other's warmth, their lips met for a moment. The longest moment of either's life's.

Akaashi pulled away first looking at Bokuto's face with passion and love in his eyes.

It wasn't long before Akaashi pressed their lips together once more. But this didn't last long due to the door opening without warning.

"Hey are you guys doing ok-" Kuroo said swinging the door open. "Oh- sorry to interrupt." He said with his shit eating grin.

That night both Bokuto and Akaashi were very happy, and they slept with their sleeping bags beside one another. Happily cuddling till the next morning.

Word count: 771