Reunion

Amity P.O.V.

Luz easily latched onto me for the rest of the walk. She had hugged me from behind and kept her head on my shoulder. Forcing us to slow down just so we could hang on to eachother, but we didn't mind. Edric kept a decent distance ahead of us, yet Emira stuck much closer. Likely because of my injury even though it hasn't bothered me since Emira cast the spell. Edric suddenly stopped and twirled around shoving us into an empty room. Just as he did a large group of guards walked through the hall. Edric kept himself pressed against the door incase someone attempted opening it. He sighed catching his breath, "We need to be more careful. Th-that was way too close." Edric spoke quietly before he slightly opened the door with one hand creating an illusion with the other.

"Hey! Over there!" A guard's voice came from out side the door making me tense up, as for Luz she hugged onto me tighter burying her face into my neck. I rested my head onto hers trying to calm her down without speaking. I focused on Edric watching him grin. "AAAHHHH THAT'S NOT ONE OF THEM THAT'S A BABY GRIFFIN!!" The guard ran back to the rest of their group as a small griffin chased them sneezing spiders along the way. Edric started uncontrollably snickering as he slowly closed the door now leaning on it for support.

"Pfft, that's awesome..."  He lifted himself off the door glancing at Emira then me and Luz. "Whoa you two okay?" His face fell and he gestured to us obviously concerned. I'm assuming it's Luz, she's the one that seems to be hanging onto me for dear life anyway.

"I'm alright...I think" Luz spoke before I could slowly loosing her grip on me. She raised her head taking a quick breath before saying something to herself and speaking to everyone else."Yeah I'm alright..."

"I'm okay" I barely said anything at all, but Edric took at as an answer anyway. He turned to Emira, glancing up and down at her for a second, shrugged his shoulders, and walked back to the door.

"And I'm fine thanks for asking Ed." Emira spoke bluntly at Edric making me laugh I even heard Luz giggle.

"Estas malditas guardias..." A familiar voice sparked our attention especially Luz's. "Malditos pendejos"

"¡¿Mamá?!" Luz yelled without thinking scrambling to her feet and away from me at the mere possibility she knew who was outside our door. I stood up following behind her. Luz grabbed hold of the doorknob I noticed she was shaking but she turned the handle anyway.

"Luz!" Camila stood outside the door, her hair down and clothes a complete mess while lightly covered in blood. Luz seemed unbothered by her appearance and simply hugged Camila. My siblings turned to me confused, I simply rolled my eyes and continued watching Luz and Camila feeling myself start to smile.

"Psst Mittens, who's that?" Edric and Emira walked to my side to which Edric leaned down to whisper to me.

"Her mother. Dimwits." The two gasped in what I can perceive as realization, the idiots. Rolling my eyes once more I turned my attention back to Luz realizing she had tears in her eyes.

"Luz, ¿estás bien?"

"Soy buena. Estoy sólo feliz de verte"

"Uhhh what are they saying?" I shook my head turning to look at my oblivious siblings.

"It's a different language, it's called Spanish. Luz taught me a bit of it once." Edric lit up, likely excited at the fact there are other languages in the human world.

"Oooo what'd she teach you?" I opened my mouth to say the words but stopped remembering their meaning and closed my mouth.

Idiot shouldn't have said anything....

"Well?" Emira snickered at me my face is probably turning red.

"Mi amor"

"Me...ahhmore?" Both of them repeated an assumption of what I said, almost exactly like how I said it at first.

"Mi amor, it means..." I stopped myself again trying to find a way out of this idiotic situation. I sighed looking back at Luz finding myself smiling again. "It means 'my love'..."

Luz's P.O.V.

I almost couldn't believe it, my mom was roaming around completely fine searching for me. "Oh Mom these are Amity's older siblings, Emira and Edric."

"A pleasure to meet you Ms. Noceda." Edric did a dramatic bow making Emira push him over just for the fun of it. "Ouch! Em!" Emira stuck her tongue out at Edric.

"Mhmm and Amity's the youngest? Quite impressive coming from the same family as these two, seeing as she's the mosta mature." Amity burst out laughing while her siblings froze in shock. A giddy smile formed on my face once I began to chuckle too. At this point everyone was laughing for a few minutes things were started to feel more calm. That was until I heard something causing me to stop laughing, but everyone else was to loud to notice. It was a quiet tapping against the floor, they were almost like footsteps. But who could have such small footsteps? Wait...

"King?" I looked around spotting him begin to turn the corner. He kept a stuffed animal tucked under his arm as he scampered his way around.

"Luz!" His high-pitched voice caught everyone's attention especially Mom's. "I'm so glad you're safe!" He ran up to me dropping his stuffed animal eagerly jumping into my arms. "You and Eda are never leaving me alone with Hooty for more than a day ever again!" I laughed snuggling up to the furry creature.

"That bad huh?" King looked me straight in the eye giving me a look showing just the amount of pain he probably went through.

"You. Have. No. Idea." I giggled setting him down and handing him the stuffed animal.

"Is that a half-dead dog or something?" My mom stood confused staring at King.

"Half-dead dog?! Excuse you for shaming the King of demons in such a disgraceful..assaump..assume
..asumpeth."King paused and scratched his head in confusion. "Dangit what's the word?!"

"Assumption." Amity spoke for King with a grin on her face.

"Yes! That!" He snapped his claws hearing the word. "I am not your assunpetioha....DAMNIT JUST FORGET IT!" King continued to quietly let out his squeak of rage.

"Alright reunion's nice and all but we gotta get on the move, there's still plenty of ground to cover before we get to The Owl Lady."  Emira cut into the conversation keeping her voice serious. "And Ed, I swear to the Titan if you don't stop conjuring snow just to eat it-" Edric put a hand up before smiling as a way to say sorry, unintentionally showing all the snow in his mouth. He swallowed what he could and instantly regretted it.

"Gah! Brain freeze!"

"Idiot."

(Holy crap I'm so sorry for taking like a month to write this. I'm blaming everything on school since that started back up for me recently, hopefully won't take as long next time. Welp bye!)