Their Sign

(Total~1453 - Song~360 = reaction~1093 words)Just want to see really how much reaction I'm getting in.

Where is my mom?

"Oh boy, I'm so sorry Percy." Salina said with the "you poor thing" look that could melt even Zeus's heart. Suck it up, Clarisse. Knock that soft look off your face! You show no emotion; you don't care about nothin'. 

"It's ok, it'll probably come up a lot. I'll get used to it. I have to move on somehow right?" Percy was clearly not Ok, but he tried to push off the attention. He's trying not to seem week in front of the whole camp and the gods. I can respect that.

Grover said she fought bravely, but a mortal woman against a minotaur...

It wasn't a dream? She's really gone?

I'm so sorry, Percy

Well, it's my fault! She was trying to protect me

"No! Percy, that is not your fault. It was her choice. She was noble, loving, and protective. You can't blame yourself for what she does for you any more than what monsters do to you. Do you understand?" Luke was very adamant about this. I figure he's probably had a similar talk, yet, from what I can tell, he didn't listen.

Percy just nodded vigorously, probably scared of Luke's passion with the subject. Hell, I was.

You mustn't blame yourself

You say the gods are real? So, how could they let that happen?

"We can not intervene with fate." Zeus explained with some pointed looks to a few of his godly kids.

"No matter how much we wish to sometimes." Hermes muttered loud enough to hear.

"It's less that and more the fact that if we do, things will go worse and each repercussion for every good deed answers with a thousand bad. If we do intervene it is usually of the fates will. Sometimes we have a shot that we can change that is not accommodated for that we take. Maybe we save a kid, or that mortal, or just a simple little thing that we weren't supposed to, and their fate is then twisted for the worse. The fates do not like to be disrupted by our doings." Apollo tried to explain.

"That's not fair." Prissy argued.

"Nothing in life is." Chiron answered him.

I'm afraid there are some questions only the gods themselves can answer. Look for their sign

You have to be patient

"Sometimes the wait is not worth the reward." a formerly unclaimed girl put in quite darkly.

A sign that the gods have a plan

I know that the future looks blurry
But, not to worry, just do what you can

"Chiron is like the whole camp's second father." Katie commented with a smile.

From what I can tell we are ignoring the darkness of the reality of this song. The fact that the gods that don't care enough to show even their face, are right here.

"Some, their first." Princess agreed.

Yes, the gods are very real
Though they often won't reveal
Who they are, what they want, their design

"What's that supposed to mean?" Charles asked. I was wondering about the SPQR thing too, and what does Athena want from Princess?

"Nothing." Zeus answers sharply. Ok, we're not getting any answers there.

Have faith, keep your chin up
We'll help you adjust
And trust you will see their sign

"Taking interest in the kid, hmmm?" Salina teased.

Annabeth was hot on her toes though, "Well yeah, he was the kid who Chiron has been keeping an eye on so I figured it would give me some answers if maybe I did too."