Chapter 5

You look out your window, at the backyard. Everyone is chatting and having a good time. Poe is back and is talking with Finn. Ben is sitting on a chair with his arms crossed. Rey is animatedly chatting with Han, and he smiles at her like he's her own dad.

What the fuck?!

How close are these people?

It makes you realize how much of a stranger you are.

"What are you looking so jealous about?"

You turn around to find Ben leaning against the door frame. How the fuck did he get up here so quickly?

You grab a blanket off of your bed and wrap it around yourself. "Ben!!! Get out!" You pick up a pillow and throw it at him.

He catches it, and tosses it on the floor.

"Seriously, why are you sulking in your underwear staring out the window?" He sits down at the chair by your desk. Like he owns the place.

"I'm not sulking. I couldn't find any clothes to wear. Get outta here."

He scoffs. "You think I wanna be here? Your mom asked me to come get you."

"Whatever." You mumble, turning to go through your drawers.

Ben opens up your closet, and before you can protest he pulls out a dress. "This looks nice enough."

You take the hanger out of his hands. "I can't wear that. It shrunk in the wash."

"Put it on." He tells you.

"Turn around." You respond.

He doesn't move but averts his gaze to look outside.

You drop the blanket and put the dress over your head. It's short enough that if you were to bend over everyone would see your ass.

When you walk back outside with Ben, the crowd has thinned out.

You're in a sour mood. You're uncomfortable, tired, and don't really want to be around anyone.

Your mother comes by and pinches your ear, pulling you close to her.

"Ouch!!" You say, wincing. It doesn't hurt, it's just more of a surprise.

"Would it hurt for you to look a bit happy?"

"I am happy for you guys." You respond, and she takes her hand away.

"Look at Rey," she gestures over to a smiling Rey chatting with Han. "Couldn't you be bit more like her?"

"I'm sorry I can be your perfect little daughter for you and your new husband. You're the one who dragged me here, away from all of my friends." You say angrily, under your breath do that the others can't hear your outburst.

She frowns. "Honey, I just want you to try a bit harder, okay? It'll get better once you make some friends. Give Ben a chance."

"Fuck off." You say, accidentally loud enough for the others to hear. Everyone stares at you, and Han frowns.

"I won't let you talk to your mother that way." Han says sternly.

You laugh. "So you're my dad now? You can fuck off too."

Your mother calls out your name as you walk away. You don't look back, and leave out the gate.

You hate this, you hate feeling this way. You hate how childish you're acting, but you just can't help it.

You walk and walk until the sun sets and the only light is from the streetlights. You stop when you have no clue where you are. You check your phone to find you don't have data in this area, for some godforsaken reason.