Wish Upon a Star

George lived a normal life for the most part. He lived in a small apartment in New York City that he moved to a couple years ago. He spent his whole life from foster home after foster home in London. But finally when he was of age he made his way to the Big Apple and started a fresh new life. He got a job that paid well on top of other small jobs he does from time to time to keep up with his rent. He wasn't the most poor but he also didn't get as much money as the average person would. It was just enough to pay rent and get meals from time to time.

One particular night, George had finally had a day off. He usually worked every night until it was past midnight and then get woken by his alarm at six thirty in the morning every morning. However, today was a special day. It was his 24th birthday and he wanted to spend the day off. He didn't have anything special planned but that didn't really matter to him. He had bought a small vanilla cupcake and placed a small blue candle on it. Blue was his favorite color but then again it wasn't like he could see many colors. He is colorblind after all. He lit the small blue candle and set it on his kitchen counter, staring at the small flame.

His eyes shut and he made a wish to himself mentally before blowing out the candle's light. Smoke flew from the tip into the air of his kitchen. He sighs and slowly opens his eyes again, standing up straight as he takes out the small candle from the cupcake. However, before he was able to take a bite into the delicious dessert, a knock sounded at his door. It startled him quite a bit. He never got visitors. He doesn't have any friends or talk to anyone really. So the knock at his door was mysterious and frightening.

He slowly walked up to the door and took a look through the peep hole. He saw a young child with brown hair. He had big blue eyes and George wondered why a child would be knocking on his door especially at this hour. He slowly opened the door, preparing the child to try to sell him cookies or something. No matter how strange that sounded in George's head. But instead he got something unexpected from the child as he looked up at George. George noticing a brown leather covered book in the boys arms.

"Hello." The small boy peeped up, his voice squeaky and sounded to have an accent. A British one like George. It shocked the other for a moment, not having expected the boy to have an accent like he did. It wasn't everyday you walk America and hear an accent peep up from somebody. "You're George, right?" The boy continued and George started to feel uneasy.

"How do you know my name?" George suddenly found himself asking, looking down the hallway left and right to make sure nobody was trying to kidnap him or do something worse. "Have we met?" George said, staring down at the young boy. "Why- Why is a child like you even at my apartment?" George sighs, ready to close the door shut in front of the doe eyed boy at any moment.

"I'm your son." The boy suddenly said and George looked stunned, shocked. "My name is Tubbo." He continues once more. George shakes his head, confusion, not believing that this boy could possibly be his son. He didn't even know what to say or how he could even believe this random child that came up to his door. "Um well..." Tubbo trailed off a moment before speaking again, "I came here to bring you back to Storybrooke." He began to explain. He held his book up. "This has all the explanations. You need to remember where you came from. Who your parents are." Tubbo started beaming.

George shook his head in disbelief, feeling almost offended. "I don't know who you think you are but I know where I came from, thank you very much." George said, about to slam the door on Tubbo but Tubbo looked up at him with sad eyes. George rolls his eyes and grabs his keys. "I don't know how on earth you even got here but I'm taking you home, okay? I'm sure your parents or guardians aren't going to be happy about this." George says. Tubbo's face lit up and he smiles, nodding toward George. George headed out to his car after he grabbed a jacket and slid some shoes on. He got into the drivers side and Tubbo in the passengers.