A Shot In The Dark

"You're up early, mano meilė," Hannibal muttered, stepping into the kitchen and making his way over to the coffee machine that Will had long ago given up trying to make work.

"Couldn't sleep," Will answered from where he stood at the stove making the omelets that Hannibal had taught him to make when they had first started dating. "You know that this kind of stuff makes me nervous, Hannibal." Will glanced up from his work and gave a small smile as he watched Hannibal go about extracting coffee from the contraption from the 1800's that was far more complicated than it needed to be.

"There's nothing to be nervous about," Hannibal assured gently. "It's no different than any other year."

"We have some new rookie that barely passed his POST-certification. Not sure how I feel about him going up against your gang yet. He's a hot head, trigger happy."

"Maybe he should join my side. I could always-"

"No," Will said firmly with a shake of his head. "Stop trying to take my officers from me."

Will placed the second and finished omelet on a plate and turned off the burner. He wandered his way over to Hannibal and wrapped his arms around the older man's waist, kissing just below Hannibal's ear. A smile pulled at the older man's lips and he turned just enough to place a soft kiss to his husband's lips.

"It's our anniversary," Will announced, letting Hannibal go and moving to stand beside the man to watch him work. Will leaned against the counter, his chin in his hand. "Was there something you wanted to do tonight?"

"It can't possibly be our anniversary," Hannibal teased lightly. "I remember that being last year."

Will snorted with a roll of his eyes and lightly hit Hannibal's arm. Hannibal passed Will a steaming cup and Will took it, inhaling deeply before carefully sipping on it. "Two years being chained to your ass and you don't have anything planned?" Will asked between drinks. Hannibal smiled as he added cream to his own cup. "You celebrated the first time you captured me and held me hostage for a week. I figured our marriage would be just as, if not more so, important than how we met."

"I'm sure I can come up with something if you're that desperate to celebrate," Hannibal once more teased, pressing a gentle kiss to Will's forehead before taking a step back, allowing his hand to take Will's face. His thumb traced over a deep scar down the side of Will's cheek, one that still gave Will troubles with pain now and then. Hannibal sighed with a hurt half smile and leaned over, pressing yet another apologetic kiss to it.

"Stop that, will ya?" Will grumbled, pushing past Hannibal and over to where their plates were. "You know I don't blame you for it. I know you had to show your old man you could take over the family business. I don't hold it against you."

"The nerve damage-"

"Of course there was going to be fucking nerve damage." Will gave a laugh and held out one of the plates to Hannibal who took it slowly. "You stabbed my own hunting knife through my cheek. What did you expect to happen?" Will located two forks and passed one to Hannibal before cutting into his breakfast and shoving a rather unceremoniously large bite into his mouth, earning him a look of dislike from Hannibal at the rudeness of it. Will simply grinned through his mouthful, knowing it would piss Hannibal off more. "You're the one who went to medical school, may I remind you." The words were muffled through the mouthful. "You knew exactly what it was going to do to me."

Hannibal frowned as he dug into his breakfast, his bite much more proportionate than Will's had been. He said nothing as he ate and eventually Will sighed, causing Hannibal to look up at the young man with cinnamon curls that hadn't been brushed yet and sat unruly on top of his head.