Day 0 Part 2

ALPHA EZEKIEL MASTERS

Just as expected, the paperwork was an absolute chore but he had managed to spend an hour going through the files and surprisingly, Alpha Ezekiel was quite impressed with all the wolves that had shown interest in joining his pack, most of them aspiring warriors and young wolves who aimed to climb the ranks and make a name for themselves, and he was flattered that they thought they would be able to do so in his pack.

While he had only made a small dent in the files, he could barely keep his eyes open, especially since his wolf was already snoring loudly in the corner of his mind so when the knock sounded on the door, he welcomed the much-needed distraction.

He scented her before she rounded the corner of the hallway towards the office and before she knocked on the door. As always, two gentle taps against the hard wood sounded in permission, waiting for his reply.

Eager for a distraction, he called out for the person to come in even though after having scented her, he already knew who it was.

"I hope I haven't caught you at a bad time, Alpha." Aspen smiled softly as she stepped into the office and closed the door behind her.

"You actually have." Ezekiel sighed, now regretting allowing her into the office after having denied her with a small shake of his head when they had briefly shared a glance downstairs. "I just need to get some more work done before I call it a night."

"Anything I can help with?" She asked suggestively, her hands clasped behind her back as she took a few timid steps towards him, almost as if afraid that he would explode if she were to get too close.

Alpha's were known for their uncontrollable temper, after all.

"No." Ezekiel shook his head. "Though some peace and quiet would be very much appreciated."

Aspen blinked innocently at him and took another step forward, almost as if she actually wanted her head ripped off by an angry Alpha. With her, it was always a game of cat and mouse and on any other day, he wouldn't have minded partaking in the frivolous game however, after having decided to call things off with her a few days ago, he simply didn't have the patience to entertain her, especially not now when he had so much resting on his shoulders.

"Look, Aspen. I haven't got time for your games right now so leave before you anger my wolf." He growled lowly and pinched the bridge of his nose, his patience very quickly diminishing with each passing second.

"But I always come to you in your office every Monday and Thursday before you go to sleep." Aspen pouted, her voice meek and gentle, just like the rest of her innocent demeanour.

While he was sure that Aspen would make her mate very happy when she found him one day as mates were made for each other and extremely compatible in every sense of the word, she just wasn't a good match for him and they were both very aware of that. However, that wasn't enough to keep them from having some fun along the way; fun that he had very quickly become bored with.

She was an easy match, especially since she had jumped at the opportunity of being with him a few months ago, but not a good match.

"Yes, and on Monday I told you that we weren't going to be doing this again." He pursed his lips as he leaned back in the chair and stared up at her, a sharp glint in his eyes which dared her to deny the claim.

"I thought you were just joking." She frowned, answering in a quiet voice.

"Well, now you know I wasn't." Ezekiel huffed and leaned back in his chair, willing himself to calm down before he did something he would potentially regret later.