Forgotten Birthday

Warning: Angst with fluff ending
______________________________________

5:30 a.m.

Kageyama groaned as his alarm clock went off very loudly. He slammed his hand to the alarm clock, that makes it to shut up. He slowly sits up and rubbed his eye. He glance at his calendar,

December 22

Kageyama sighed. He got off from his bed and went downstairs. "Good mor-" Kageyama cuts off his own words. He sighed once more, 'Oh right, they already left..' he thought. Kageyama was never close to his parents nor his other relatives. All of them are either a lawyer, a doctor or a police. Kageyama is different from them. He walked towards the kitchen and just heated up the left overs from last night. After, he went back upstairs to take a shower and get ready.

After the morning routine

He pick up his bag and check the house if everything is alright. He putted on his shoes and exited his house, lock the door before he left. Kageyama puts his hands inside his pocket as he enjoyed the silence. It did not last long when he arrived at the school, he was greeted by a loud voice from the orange haired tangerine. He ignored the boy and continued to make his way towards the clubroom.

Skip time, during practice

"They did really forget, huh?" Kageyama thought.

"Kageyama, what's wrong?" Sugawara asked.

"I'm okay. Hey Suga-san, what day is it today?" Kageyama said.

"Tuesday? Why?"

"Nothing.."

Sugawara patted his shoulder as he gave him a smile before walking away. Kageyama frowned. "Really?..." he thought.

"Hey guys, wanna come over at my house?" Kageyama asked.

"That's new for you dude, but sorry i couldn't. I need to help my sister with something." Tanaka said.

"Sorry Kageyama, me and Asahi are going to have a date tonight." Nishinoya said, as Asahi agreed and saying "sorry".

"Sorry Bakayama, my family and Yams' family are going to have a family dinner together, tonight.."

"Sorry too, Kageyama. Us 2nd years are having a sleepover together.." Ennoshita said.

"Us too, Kageyama. Sorry, me and Suga will be busy with something tonight with our relatives.." Daichi said.

"Why would i go to the King's house?" Tsukishima said.

Kageyama felt sad but didn't show it. "It's fine..". The team saw how he sighed and putted his clothes before grabbing his stuffs and left.

"What's wrong with Kageyama?..." Hinata asked.

"We don't know too, Hinata.." Suga said.

With Kageyama

Kageyama just got out from the store. He brought his favorite milk, some snacks and drinks. He walks toward a cake shop and enter. He brought a small chocolate cake that he can eat by himself.

When he arrived home

Kageyama was greeted by darkness from his house. He turned on the switch and took off his shoes. He putted all he brought in the kitchen and went upstairs to change. After he changed, he went back to the kitchen. He took out a fork and started to unpack what he brought. He slowly took out the small cake from its package and sat down. He then took out a small candle and stick it in the cake. He stood up again and grabs the lighter. He went back to his chair and lights the candle. He putted the lighter aside and sighed. Then he started to singing,

"Happy Birthday to me.."

"Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday.."

"Happy Birthday to me..."

He blowed the candle as tears started to fall. He grabbed his fork and started to eat the cake. All of a sudden, there was a knock. He quickly wiped his tears and walked towards the main door. He opened it and was welcome by the tall blonde middle blocker.

"Hey.."

"What are you doing here?.." Kageyama asked.

"Well since everyone didn't remember, i came to celebrate your birthday with you. Happy birthday, btw..." Tsukishima said, as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I-" Kageyama started teared up again.

"Come on, stop crying. And, let me in already. The ice cream will melt.." Tsukishima said.

Kageyama wiped his tears and ket Tsukishima in.

The two of them have a normal conversation for the first time. Tsukishima felt bad for the raven boy, if he celebrate his birthday alone. They watched movies, eat the ice crean that Tsukishima brought, eat the snacks and joked around.

"Thank you again, Tsukishima.." Kageyama thanked, as he stood by the door. Tsukishima has to go home since it was getting late.

"No problem. If the King is sad and feeling down, this commoner is going to make him feel better" Tsukishima said.

Kageyama blushed at what he said and said goodbye again, before slamming his door closed. Tsuksihima chuckled at his action and make his way home.

"Maybe, getting to know each other isn't that bad.."

________________

My birthday celebration
went well, i guess..