𝟕. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐫𝐭

☆━━━━━━━━━━☆chapter seven what a flirt;
2200 words ☆━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒chapter seven— what a flirt; 2200 words  ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

ANASTASIA STEPPED INTO THE HOUSE WITH A SMILE ON HER FACE. Almost immediately, she pulled Logan in for a hug. Her arms wrapped around the top of his shoulders as she practically pulled him down to her level.

Logan dropped his duffel bag onto the floor, allowing his own arms to wrap around Anastasia's waist. He inhaled deeply, getting a whiff of her sweet smell. It was comforting in a time where he felt almost lost.

Anastasia pulled away first, taking a gingerly step backwards. Still, with a smile on her face, she spoke. "Long time, no see, stranger."

Bending over, Logan grabbed his duffle bag and threw it over his shoulder. "Didn't really find what I was looking for," he mumbled. "So, I decided to come back here." Logan pointed his finger at her. "Do you still have my tags?"

Anastasia rolled her eyes teasingly. "What am I? Desperate? I don't carry those with me everywhere. Actually—" Anastasia patted her jacket pocket, suddenly remembering. "I forgot I was wearing this jacket."

The tags hung in the air as Anastasia held them up to him. It just happened to be a coincidence that she was wearing the same jacket as she was the day he left. Although, she would never admit it out loud, but she did carry his tags around for a few months after he left.

She dropped the tags into his hand, watching as he slowly ran his fingers over the lettering. He then held the chain and lifted it above her head, place the dog tags on her like a necklace. His fingers found their way to her hair, pulling it out from underneath the chains.

"There," he hummed. "Looks way better on you than they ever did on me."

Anastasia smiled softly. "I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for."

"I tried my best," Logan replied. "There just wasn't anything left when I got there."

"Well, I'm glad you decided to come back here. Marie is a big fan of you, talks about you a lot," she teased.

He smiled, gazing down at her. "And what about you?"

"Me? Who do you think I am? Some teenage girl gushing about some guy?"

"Anastasia!" Jean said happily from the top of the stairs. "You're back!" She walked down the rest of the stairs, stopping in front of Logan and Anastasia. "Did you bring Logan with you?"

Logan shook his head. "I just got back a bit ago."

"That's good to hear," Jean replied sincerely. "I was getting tired of Anastasia talk about you all the time."

Logan raised his eyebrows and smiled brightly at Anastasia who lightly shoved him backwards.

"What's going on, Jean?" Anastasia asked, turning away from Logan and hoping he didn't see her blushing.