Chapter 1

Rory

"Speak fast, short and sweet." I said into the phone as I rearranged my assignments on my desk.

"Hi Rory listen, I need you to take care of Lilli for me. Her brother is coming home from his first year at Yale and we want to make it a surprise." Flynn said. I could hear his smile through the phone.

"Sure. What time?" I asked, picking up an assignment and looking at it.

"How about an hour?" He was hesitating, good.

"You do know I have to study correct?"

"Yes."

"So I won't be able to take her all day."

"I'm well aware of that. I'm sorry, Rory."

Sighing, I set the assignments down. "I'll be there in an hour."

"Thanks, Ror. I owe you for this."

"It's no problem, see ya soon." With that said, I hung up, stood, and got dressed. I was in no shape to babysit a six year old like this.

It took me forty-five minutes to get to Flynn and Anna's house. Correction, mansion. I've been babysitting Lilli for a year and a half now, and I love it. Lilli is a bright girl, and so full of energy. I didn't even bother knocking on the door, instead, just walked inside.

"Miss. Rory how are you?" One of the maids, Kelly, asked.

"I'm good, Kelly. And you?"

"Gonna have baby number two." Her smile grew in size, as she mentioned that. I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. Did you tell Anna yet?"

She shook her head. "I waiting till after Master Finn is settled back in at home before telling her."

I shook my head and chuckled. "Well, Alfred, I'm looking for Flynn and Lilli."

Kelly laughed with me. "Mistress Lilli is in her room. And Master Flynn is in his study. Madame Anna is in the garden."

"Thank you, Kelly. And congrats again." I said before setting off to Flynn's study. I didn't knock when I got to the study either, opening the door and plopping down in a chair. I noticed a tall man that looked a lot like Flynn standing off to the side, but I definitely could see Anna's blue-green eyes. Flynn was taking on the phone, but the second he saw me he smiled, said a quick goodbye, and hung up.

"Rory, thank you so much. I owe you everything." He said standing and giving me a hug.

"It's fine. But I would like a heads up next time." I said, pulling away and glaring playfully at him.

He held his hands up, and grinned. "Of course." Then he turned to the other guy and smiled. "This is my son, Finn. Finn, Rory Gilmore."

I turned, smiled, shook hands and plopped back down on the chair. "Alright, what's the plan?"

"Your going to take Lilli out and then bring her back here by six for the party."

"Flynn, you do realize that's an all day thing correct?" I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to respond.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But Kelly is leaving early today. She's been tired lately and I would like her to get some rest."

I groaned inwardly, resisting the urge to tell him the real reason she was tired. But I held my tongue, and groaned.

"Alright. Alright! I'll take her to Stars Hallow, keep her there. Text me when I should be heading back." I said, standing and smiling.
My eyes glanced to Finn, and his abnormally hot body. He was grinning and watching me closely, and I really wanted to know why. Blushing, as our eyes met, said a quick goodbye, and left before Flynn could give me money. I hurried upstairs and heard Lilli playing with her dolls that mom and I bought her for Christmas.

"Where oh where can I find my favorite Morgan?!" I called out from the door. I kneeled  down as Lilli jumped into my arm, knocking us both over.

"Rory!" She shouted.

"Lilli, how are you?" I asked.

"Good, mom and dad are throwing a party again. But they won't tell me why." She crossed her arms with a huff, her lips forming a pout.

I chuckled, pushing her into a sitting position. "You'll find out later. For now, we're going to.... STARS HALLOW!!"

"Yay!!!"

It took ten minutes to gather everything Lilli would need till six. I loaded her in my car, and we drive back to my town.