Chapter 72

Loki POV

Loki waited in the Himinbjorg, listening as Eloise cursed him.

He flinched listening to her, he had hoped she would not discover his deceit, not till all was settled and he return to her and beg her forgiveness, presenting everything as being solved or as just an overreaction on his part.

His only hope now was to keep her and Thor safe, by keeping them on Midgard.

At least now she was unlikely to make herself sick grieving him he tried to content himself.

Taking a brief momentary break from Eloise's righteous temper, he turned to gaze at Jotunhiem, to find Utgard empted of its people.

"Laufey, what plan have you?"

He paced briefly before turning back to Eloise, she was stomping back into a small house covered in mud, lightening illuminating the ferocity of her expression.

Oh dear, that is going to take a lot to fix.

Finally he left the Himinbjorg, "For now, open the bifrost to no one. Not even Thor or Eloise. And I want to know where the jotuns have gone in Jotunhiem."

He directed Heimdall before vanishing, returning to Odin's chambers door.

Blue ice lined the outside edges but went no further.

He whipped around to see Siygn, grinning malovlently at him while holding a blade to his neck.

"Nice work sealing the doors to the Allfather so only you can enter. I'll admit it's impressive."

Loki rolled his eyes at her.

"Siygn, I am surprised you are involved this doesn't seem your speed."

"Oh but see after Laufey gets rid of the Allfather, then you and I can rule over Asgard and the nine realms together, I don't really care so much about you but I do care about being queen."

"Only one problem, Thor is older than me."

"Oh don't worry, I've spend the last few centuries after you scorned me cultivating all sorts of relationships, including one with a certain Asgardian who was very recently on earth and she will be sending someone after you dear brother and that helpless little wife of yours."

"No!"

He conjured his own blades and struck only to be met with an icy blade blocking him, Laufey stepped out of the shadows at him.

Loki's eyes went wide as he stared up into Laufey's red eyes.

"You are dead. I killed you."

"Far from it runt."

Siygn backed up, her face alight with chaos and madness her hands working in front of her emitting a red glow, Lafey grabbed him and threw him against the doors, "Open the doors, and I will consider letting you live."

"Never!"

"I should have killed you the moment you were born, absolutely worthless-"

Siygns spell hit him full force in the stomach, it felt like his entire body was burning, a second spell hit him draining him of everything till he was left helpless slumped on the floor.

"Your prize witch."

Siygn cackled, "I could careless about him. I only ever wanted his title. Drag him and put him on the throne, chain him there."

Two more jotuns appeared and forced him to his feet, dragging him when his legs wouldn't support him.

As they passed, he could hear more sounds of fighting and screams and the guttural growls of of the jotuns.