"Will you be my mother now?"

"Do you remember what you asked me?" Myrtle said. "'Will you be my mother now?' I'll never forget those words..." Myrtle looked into Cordelia's eyes, choking on her own tears. "Delia, I could never have blinded you, I need to be sure that you know that."

"Auntie, I have never doubted you. Ever. I have never been blind to your love and, even after all these years, I'm still the scared little girl my mother dropped off on your doorstep." Cordelia's eyes started watering as she pulled Myrtle into a tight embrace.

"Oh my dear Delia, you have grown into your own woman. You are much more powerful than you think and you're definitely not a scared little bird who was pushed out of its nest too soon. Not anymore."

"But, auntie, why do I still feel like the same kid, looking for her mother incessantly? Fiona has never truly loved me. And, yet, I still need her validation and approval. It's all so pointless!" Cordelia shouted, furious at herself for her childish needs.

"Delia, please, you mustn't feel ashamed." Myrtle tried to calm her Delia down. "Your feelings are the truest of emotions and there is not embarrassment in that. But... but you're looking in the wrong places. Delia, please, I love you. It pains me to see you blind and, if I could, I would pluck my own eyes out and give them to you. Don't you see? Fiona may be no mother, but I give you the same love you seek. Why am I not enough?" Myrtle uttered the last sentence under her breath, tears glistening in the corner of her eyes.

"Auntie, you are more than enough... I just... I need to hear you say it." Cordelia requested, ashamed that she needed to hear it being uttered so plainly in order to feel that it was true.

"Delia, I have proclaimed my love for you countless times. I have told you, my baby dove, everything. I love you as if you were my daughter! Fuck it, you are my daughter! Blood means nothing! Blood is only useful in incantations! All I want from this earth is your well-being and I am not your aunt or your friend, I am your mother! And you, my daughter, are my biggest joy."

"Auntie..." Cordelia hesitated. "...Mom... I love you. I love you."