3

3 | July 14, 2022

'Ring, ring, ring,' the sound of my cellphone echoes throughout the house. I pause the All American eposode that I was watching.

'Ring, ring, ring,' it sounds again.

I jump off the couch, frantically looking for my phone...with no luck.

'Ring, ring, ring,' it rings once more.

"What the fuck?!" I shout. "Where the fuck are you?" As if, yelling to an inanimate object like my phone was going to help.

The next few rings could be heard, 'Ring, ring, ring.' Coming from what sounded like the kitchen.

Rushing to my island, I see my phone lying face down next to the stove.

I grab it quickly, hoping there was a small chance that I would still be able to answer.

'1 missed call.' notification was shinning on my lockscreen.

"Ugh," I sigh, as I unlock my phone.

'1 missed call from patrick🥰.'

I quickly press call and shove my phone to my ear, as I hop onto the counter.

Within two rings, he picks up.

"Oh, now you wanna talk to me?" He says, jokingly.

I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

"Hey!" I exclaim. "I may have lost my phone this morning."

I hear him let out a small chuckle from the other side of the line.

"Well, if you keep losing it, you wouldn't be able to hear the good news!" He replies.

"And, what might this news consist of?" I ask, a small smile forming on my lips.

He pauses for a few seconds, the only sound being heard was of people chatting in the background.

"Well, I hope you know the boys and I are currently on tour?" He mentions.

I nod my head yes, "Uh-huh. That I do."

He chuckles lowly. "And, we may currently be in California as we speak."

I pause for a second. My eyes go wide, the biggest smile appears on my face.

"Does this mean I get to see you?" I question, excitedly.

He laughs again, "I mean.. only if you want to."

"Collin, of course I want to see you and the guys!" I announce. "Where exactly are you and where will you be next?"

I trace my fingers along the countertop, awaiting his reply.

"Tonight we have a show in Roseville. Tomorrow night is LA. Then San Diego and we finish the week in Arizona." He replies.

I pause for a moment, thinking of the areas.

"Next week, we will be in Texas," he continues on. "Which I was thinking.. only if you want to."

"Come on. Hurry up and ask her!" says a male from the background. Collin hushes him.

"Was the Nick?' I ask.

"Yes!" Nick announces from the back.

I let out a small laugh, as Collin sighs.

"Anyways, I was thinking that maybe you could meet up with us in LA and then travel with us to Dallas?" Collin asks, with a hint of shyness. "As I said, only if you want to."